Inside scoop on what really went down with Titans and Gregg Williams

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Oct 20, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This was posted on a Titans message board by someone reportedly with great inside sources to the team. So enjoy. JF is Jeff Fisher.

Discretion is the better part of valor but I really want JF feet held to the fire.............he is too arrogant and smug and what he really did this offseason has cost TN huge. I thought Yutzy or PK or Wyatt would have wrote about the story but they just buried it for JF.............so I am going to tell you why we hired Chuck Cecil and not the top choice of the organization. And I will tell you that Greg Williams wanted to be the DC here as his first choice too.

Greg Williams was contacted immediately after he was let go in Jax because they knew JS was getting the Det job...............Greg was here and had agreed to his own terms but there was one big obstacle for TN specifically JF in hiring him back. This issue left the door open for Greg Williams to go interview on the Tarmac of an Airport with Sean Payton. In 5 minutes Sean Payton agreed to every term and the one sticking point that JF would not agree too..............and Greg Williams at that point called Fisher back andtold him he had terms with NO that he would like matched in TN because TN was his first choice.....................JF passed and Payton got Williams.......................and we got stuck with Cecil.

What you ask was the deal breaker for Fisher..................you will love this.

Greg told him he wanted his own son on his defensive staff at a specific salary that was in line with his experience...............and JF flat said no. He told Greg that he made all personnel decisions and he could not and would not let a coach dictate terms to him. Rememebr JF is not the GM.............but that is the type of power play he can spin. Absolutely ridiculous ego drivendecision to get a vested experineced DC instead of a guy who has never been a DC at any level of football............not even pee wee football.................That is the only reason Greg Williams is not here and why he is in NO....................

I think the Nashville media knows the story and they have buried it............but I will guarrantee you its going to come out awfully soon...........and it is not flattering for JF. Its about ego and control. JF would not let an old friend and competitor dictate terms.................Completely ego driven decision................I can also say Greg Williams is still shocked by the move by Fisher as was Greg's son. ...........................Moreover, this is the one decision that I believe he needs to be fired for immediately. It amazes me how this story has gotten canned but now that there is blood in the water I hope the media national or local pick it up................research it and then come asking JF why he did something so petty considering the consequences that have occured.

This HC does this behind the scenes stuff so much its pathetic. Want to know why we still have 12 million in cap space and why the holes have not been filled...............JF is why. Dont blame the GM............because he has very little say in roster construction post camp.

I just cant stand the attitude any longer.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

ahh, it was tennessee, i do remember that story, and it was because fisher wouldn't hire williams' son. this is all accurate.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

ahhhh........it all makes sense now.......glad i read this.........or I never would have known

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

When you are winless and get beat 59-0, the sh!t flies and the proverbial fan is turned on.

5. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Guest

It will be very hard to keep Greg Williams here in New Orleans after this season. Teams will be knocking the door down to hire him after what he has done with the Saints D.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

you are correct sir

this same guy was probably hailing Fisher as the 2nd coming of JC last year this time

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if you substitute jeff for jimbo it gets really interesting.

really though, this drama queen is making much ado about nothing. you dont dictate to the HC and jeff fisher simply denied his request.

just because he is losing they are making a mountain out of nothing.

big deal. his bum son wasnt hired. who cares really.

if GW wanted the job he would have taken it. if his son is credible he can find a gig on his own.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

my sentiments exactly. they are making it sound like it was ridiculous that "JF" did not grovel at GWs request. if anything, it makes us realize GW is willing to make major life decisions based on preferential treatment toward him, which I do not respect personally. glad he is our DC, but making his employment dependent on his son's is questionable.

1 person likes this.
  9. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Guest

Well the Saints did hire his son. He is listed as an offensive coaching asistant

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes we met his demands. lets just hope he doesnt want to be co-def coordinator next.