Inflatagate/Belecheat

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by ParadiseiNC, Jan 24, 2015.

?

Do you think this helps Seattle or New England?

1. Seattle

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. New England

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Are you serious? I hate Goodell, but they cheated, AGAIN! The Saints did nothing that gave them a competitive advantage and got hammered. NE clearly did something to gain a competitive advantage AGAIN and then covered it up. How Brady and Belecheat aren't suspended for the entire season is baffling. Hell, Pete Rose is banned from baseball FOR LIFE and he did less than NE is guilty of.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

If you read the report it isn't certain they cheated. I'm not talking about the weasel worded conclusion but the accounting of the facts.
    There were two guages used to measure the air pressure in the balls. One measured about 1/2 psi higher than the other. It had a longer and slightly bent needle. Using that needle only one of the 12 balls was slightly under the 12 psi.
    According to the testimony in the Wells report the ref who measured the pressure said he thought he used the guage with the bent needle but wasn't sure. Wells ignored his testimony and stated the other guage was used. WHY???? In all other aspects the testimony of the refs was accepted.
    The Well report was a hatchet job and Goodel is a jack booted thug who is unable to make an honest statement. Read the emails between the Pats attorney and Jeff Pash for the NFL. The NFL has either been instrumental in releasing lies or complicit in allowing them to stand. The campaign against Brady has been an exercise in power not Justice. Read Goodel's decision. It is total BS and basically ignores the facts and says I can do this because I want to. Fugg him.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Do you know San Diego was caught putting stickum on balls during a game in 2014 and fined $20k? Tell me Rivers didn't know or his coaches. How many linemen put grease on their arms and uniforms to make it harder to grab them. These are ALL specifically prohibited by the rules and provide competitive advantage. What's the difference????? Why the selective anger???

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Exactly, how can anyone trust what they say is the "truth" when they are the ones that knowingly leaked lies?

Winston1 likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

because lots of fans hate the patriots and he wants the illusion of "doing what's best for the game" but it keeps blowing up in his face.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Years ago Raiders DB's Jack Tatum and George Atkinson were putting stickum all up and down their arms and setting season records for interceptions until the league banned the practice.

Pete Rozelle was a great commissioner. He made some decisions I didn't like but he was a football man and always acted in a manner he felt was good for the game. Goodell is a Wall Street lawyer with an ego as big as Donald Trump's. He is pulling this shit just to show he is bigger than the league's most high profile and iconic figure.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

better than I could have retorted

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Of course they're innocent, that's why Brady destroyed evidence and the Patriots refused to let the trainers be interviewed the second time. Hillary is as trustworthy as the Patriots organization. It would take a spin doctor better than Red to make them look otherwise.

10. LaSalleAve

This proves that this whole thing was a witch hunt from the beginning pushed by Goodell, and the few teams (namely the Colts and Ravens) that share disdain for the Patriots because they can't beat them. None of the evidence provided by the league should be allowed to factor in to the punishment or outcome of this case because it is all suspect now. In fact, Roger Goodell should be the one that's fired. Time after time Goodell has proven that his only intention is to make himself look good, and he has failed at every turn.