Inconsistency of Flynn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Nov 4, 2007.

1. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

LSU had a chance to blow this game out, but Flynn opened the door for them to get in the game and lead by half-time. The INT's killed us and then the penalties and PF's just hurt us bad.

Now thank goodness that Flynn slammed that same door on their foot when Bama tried to sneak throught it, with the great 2nd half.

But we need Flynn to be consistent. We can't give up 3 int's and expect to win every time. It was like he struggled seeing the field and over looked defenders underneath the route. He threw off his back foot a couple of times and the OL didn't give him the most time in the world but there were many times where Flynn held onto the ball too long.

Lafell needs some props for this game. He did an outstanding job in the 4th being steady and open for Flynn. Good job Lafell and I think that is what he needed for his confidence. All the WR's Doucet, Byrd, Lafell, and Tolliver came up with some great plays.

But as mad as I was about Flynn's play in the 1st half, I have to say he is a fighter and a player to shake off that 1st half and lead us back to a victory.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

He's done that a few times this year.

3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

All players have bad runs. He was forcing the ball trying to do too much in the first half. He turned it around, on the road in a huge game. MF will learn from this, he's proven that. We win with Matt. :thumb:

4. philter

philter Founding Member

It's almost like his name is Jamarcus Russell, with his mistakes that kill us and 2nd half play that wins it and all.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I totally disagree with your post and the perfect example was Tyson Jackson's personal foul called led directly to a td on the next play.
    How many personal fouls against the tigers have extended the drives of other teams? lead to points?

Another reason is that QB's will have bad games from time to time. JR threw 3 int's against Tenn last year and Fla at home the year before.
    I would prefer it not have happened, another thing how many times has Flynn thrown the ball right on the money and the receiver dropped the ball or it was batted up in the air and picked off.

IMHO this whole team needs to play more consistent and quit making stupid mistakes not just Flynn
    After the USCe game this team has gotten away from consistency and discipline and it seems to get worse every week.
    Some guys lost their heads out there last nite and thats one reason I'm surprised that we still overcame that.
    Not so special teams is a nitemare this year on returns on both sides of the ball.

6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I will second that:thumb: :thumb:

We have got to remember that this year is Flynn's first as a true starter? Considering that, I think he has done great and will continue to learn and improve. I don't think JR will have as much success if JR were in Flynn's shoes as he took a longer time to mature.

7. msully

msully Founding Member

Where were you on the 3rd down play that opened the door remember the def had Bama stopped , but a call gave Bama a 1st daown the next play was a TD pass . That started the comeback , it changed the mindset of the game .Nick had them thinking they could win . We know Nick can do that ! It was a SEC game with all the heart of a family fight we won !!

8. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Though Flynn's INTs hurt us, it didn't hurt nearly as bad as the Tyson Jackson hit on SJP. That was the turn of the game, Bama scores on the next play. And the stupid 4th down call, why not run Hester for the 2 inches? instead, CS takes off his helmet and blows the whole thing up. We punt and have a braincramp on punt coverage. Those are the two major turning points in the game, that allowed Bama to hang around.

9. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

I agree 100% except for Tom Brady. Has he ever had a bad game?

10. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

To be honest, I think Matts a good quarterback but he tends to panic once and a while and make bad decisions (taking a sack when he should throw it away...force the ball and give up picks), this is something that he has to overcome if he goes pro. All in all though, he's a pretty tough guy, and I don't think I'd rather have anyone back there throwing the ball when its "crunchtime", because he always seems to come through when we need him the most!!!

:tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye: