If Cleveland Browns hire Michael Lombardi, Alabama's Nick Saban would be likely head coach target

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TIGRIS PANTHERA, Dec 10, 2012.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I think Nick's time with the Dolphins quenched his NFL thirst.

He's 61 and he's got a nice gig with Bama. That and 5.6 mil a year will keep him in the SEC until he decides to hang it up.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

No. They don't.

Setting aside what I know about the story and just taking the comments as they are quoted in the story, not just one sentence in a paragraph:

I've seen, first hand, how a University and its administration can take a good coaching situation and screw it up. All it takes is a President of the University that thinks the Ath. Dept. is too powerful, him hiring an Athletic Director who agrees and thinks the coach has too much power, and you have "Sorenson, Bockrath, and Stallings" Part Duex.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Or maybe he is being vague to get Bama to pony up and keep him there with a fat raise. I know he is already the highest paid and should be if not, but why not get more? Hasn't he earned it?

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Once you've got one of everything, having two, ain't all that exciting.

5. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Oh really? That doesn't follow Gump logic. Besides that it sounds too much like, "Money can't buy happiness". Anybody who makes reference to that old quote, just doesn't know where to go shopping.

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Ultimately, money does't make you happy, but neither does being poor. Balance my friend.

7. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

Take it for what it's worth... here is another article on Saban and the Browns. One unnamed source says that Saban is already interviewing potential assistants and will be hired on January 8th.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--d...rumors-of-return-to-nfl-swirl--013829913.html

I'm not saying it will happen but I can definitely see him wanting to prove that he can win in the NFL. I think he is ideally suited for a college job but is his ego satisfied with that? I guess we will see.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

There's no way that's happening. He hasn't slept since the SECCG because he's been watching Irish game film non-stop.

This sort of thing is fun, though. I like that bama fans are getting a taste of what we went through every year. It's only a matter of time before he ditches them. If not for another job, it'll be to retire sooner than they expect.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So then why stay at Alabama?

10. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

You're a bunch of f'ckin cheats! Naturally Alabama, a poor state, which is Stupid Inc. evidenced by and unwillingness too generate adequate revenues so as to purchse/build/play with the adults(bigboys) in the National Football League can buy/salarie its college athletic talents & put out, as a result, a semi professional football team on a consistent basis. Add to this SEC Headquarters in Birmingham, your close affiliation with Penn State and Bear Bryants willingness to kiss Yankee butt!

Tiny Tim could go undefeated at Alabama.