I got the Rona

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by el005639, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

there is no way to know this and our outcome was similar to comparable nations (except we had the vax first). there is no way to know this. its incredibly complex with feedback loops and a zillion inputs and outputs and factors and chaos. virus is wholly unpredictable and your conlusion of how many people would have lived or died for various reasons is just made up.

i dont know what you forgot or remember. but i do know virus is hard to predict. i thought it would be over a long time ago

you are evading my questions

1. so its not the virus itself that trump claimed is the hoax. its the criticism of his policy. on this we agree?

2. should the scientists with minority opinions on climate change be banned from social media?

fanatic likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lso with repect to the mueller rport, it said multiple times, very explicitly, that they found no collusion.

https://theintercept.com/2019/04/18...ssia-conspiracy-theories-he-obliterated-them/

you cant take claims of something not being found and say that means that thing exists. i have never found a rougaroo in my closet. thats evidence against the rougaroo in there. yes, i have not "exonerated" the possibility. it may be invisible. but if i put millions of dollars worth of a team of investigations for 2 years and find nothiing, the sane man doesnt keep claiming its there.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Like I said, you're being VERY dishonest. The USA's death rate, because of Federal inaction, was from the very beginning three times higher than Germany's, many times higher than South Korea's, Australia's, New Zealand's, etc.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

it doesnt matter early, or late, you must judge the whole. if we get it first, we get it first. aus and NZ are under catastrophic lockdowns right now. we are pretty much finished.

"because of federal inaction"

there is no evidence federal inaction played a role. what do you want? more lockdowns? jackbooted stormtroopers injecting children?

our death rate is comprable to similar nations. and it should be worse anyways becuase we are very fat. thats the govts fault to some extent but not trumps.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    shane0911 likes this.
  5. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Wrong. You can't separate the criticism from the cause of the criticism. People, scientists, medical people, pandemic experts, i.e. not just Democrats, were stating that the coronavirus was very infectious and that without government action to stop its spread it would result in a pandemic. In response, instead of publicly acknowledging the seriousness of the virus, trump declared the situation a "hoax" and even went so far as to declare that it would disappear by April. In other words, you can't rationally call the criticism a "hoax" if their concerns were false. But that's what trump did, you say. Not surprising, since he's quite stupid on top of his pathological dishonesty.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

these places are also very isolated relative to the US. south korea is effectively an island because its only border is very very closed. so it makes sense these plaes would be delayed in cases and deaths etc.

as i said, the US is comparable to similar nations: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i can and do and you should.

the virus itself is not the same thing as the democrats opinion of ttrump admin management of the virus.

review, two different things.

1. virus: killed millions
    2. democrat criticism of trump: not a virus

see the difference?

doesnt matter. all i need you to understand is that these are two different things. like salt and pepper are not the same, and up is not the same as down.

can you understand that?

can you see that the virus is one thing, and criticism of trump policy is a different thing? like for example you can catch the virus and its in your bloodstream, its a virus. but criticism of trump policy is humans making words and ideas. see how those are two different things?

like right now, i am saying your criticism of trump is frivolous and partisan. however, i am not making that same claim about the virus. its a virus and cannot be described in these terms. because its not the same thing. you seem to be confused by the idea that two things can ecist and those two things are not the same thing but two distinct things. this is why we humans have words, so we can differentiate between things. if not, we would need no words, because all things would be the same thing.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you are lying, he did acknowledge this, and he himself is vaccinated (and has natural immunity) and advocates that we should get vaccinated.

in fact trump took the virus so seriously he devoted massive resources to a vaccine, which worked and was miraculously quick and effective

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

No, he didn't. He said it would disappear by April. He called claims that it was a serious situation and calls for action a "hoax".

He got vaccinated in secret, and didn't urge vaccination until a year later.

You're being very dishonest.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this is also untrue. the thing he called a hoax was the criticism of his policy.

repeat: the thing trump claimed was a hoax was the criticism of his management of the virus. not the virus itself, not the claim that the virus was serious. not the calls for action.

this is a point you liberals simply wont give up eh?