I got the Rona

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by el005639, Nov 17, 2020.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Ok here is mine.
    We were coming down bitch ridge...and the person I enlisted with whose name I can't remember right now tripped and slipped into the rut caused by the rain and compound factored his leg. Ssgt Tatua ,a big simonian, told me to get moving and proceeded to pick up the guys pack and place it on the front of himself. And then picked up the guy and threw him up on his shoulder and then ran down the ridge and then up and over mt m'fer to where he could be evacuated. Ssgt Tatua actually beat me to the top of the mountain. Damndest thing I ever saw.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

more Marine stories please.

GiantDuckFan and shane0911 like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You are begging to run this thread into the shitter

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

ok. only if @el005639 wants to. We can start another thread and run it into the shitter about Marine stories.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. shane0911

Start the thread

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Ok. Here is the latest info I have to provide. Well this has been an interesting few days. First came Monday when the world woke up to Texas's impending blackouts. Then came Tuesday with news that things would not be getting better soon. Then came Wednesday with news that not all was well with the water supply. Then came Thursday with the boil water notice. At that point the wife and i performed a reassessment of options as little could be gained by staying at the apartment in the medical center of Houston.

Luckily we have friends who put us up 1 hour outside of town in Tomball. They have lost power but had it back by the time we got here. So with a few days delay in radiation treatments due to power problems we are back on schedule.

Stopped by the apartment yesterday and they do not have power but the manager has promised to provide a solid solution by Monday when we return my home between Huntsville and college station. I showed her the scar on my head to stress the point that all must be solved by Monday afternoon or we would leave the apartment.

At my place my son sent me pictures of the well house and let's just say it ain't pretty. So I have to fix that when I get there tomorrow after my radiation treatments.

So on to news of my treatments. I had a bit of discouraging news yesterday. My glioblastoma is what's called non... something or the other. Can't remember what it's called, not important at this point. I'm trying to not focus on it but won't lie it's just another thing I have to deal with. Basically my form of glioblastoma comes back after traditional treatments. Time will tell if it comes back on me or not. Chemo dr Tremont would not commit in either direction.

As I expect to be busy up at my ranch this weekend I wanted to get this out today.

shane0911, Frogleg and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Damn dude. If anybody is due for some good luck it's you.

shane0911, Frogleg and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

you were built for this....

Fight!

shane0911, Bengal B, Frogleg and 2 others like this.
  9. shane0911

You have the power of the Corps and Tiger Nation behind you!

10. USAFRet66.86

USAFRet66.86 COTiger is cool

Amen