I actually feel sorry for Ohio State fans...

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Even if it were legit, the way that they say 'THE Ohio State University' simply smacks of egoism. Seriously, get over yourselves.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i would be ok with it if they simply said,

"the slowhio state university".

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Not like LSU fans and their tailgates/stadium, etc?(including me!) :yelwink2:

4. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  5. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I've got to admit, that made me laugh. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

But, respectfully, I think you got it wrong. It was the North's size, not speed, that just wore down the Rebs late in the game. And, as I understand it, during the "first half" there were some calls by the, um, co-ordinators in blue that drove the "head coach" crazy.

Finally, it's not the war that many in the South are still bitter about; it's Reconstruction. Small point, maybe, but important.

And, sincerely, thanks to you and any other OSU fans who came down last year and spent money. That's as much a part of the city's recovery as banging nails with a hammer.

I agree with you. When I lived in Texas I visited Austin a couple of times and found it to be a really cool city. The university is nice and if my son chose to go there rather than LSU! I'd be disappointed but not enough to disinherit him or anything. :eek: Of course if he choses an SEC school other than :lsup: then all bets are off . . .

But as far as pulling for the Longhorns? Ehhh. Not so much.

Off the subject, I really try to fight finding bias in officiating or commentating (Lou Holtz duly excepted, he hates everything purple and gold) but one thing got me last night. Second half, UT driving in the hurry up. OSU's defense was worn down because Texas wasn't huddling and one of the defenders got caught in the neutral zone at the snap. Play continues (don't remember the outcome but I think it was positive, more than 5 yards at any rate) then the refs stop the clock to call the penalty. While they're doing that, and while UT is declining the offsides, the announcer says something like "Another penalty benefiting Texas." It immediately struck me because: 1) Texas turned the penalty down; and 2) play stopped so the penalty actually benefitted a gassed OSU defense. Just struck me as an odd thing to say.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Austin is a great city, and one I'd rather visit than College Station, Lubbock (no offense, Deceks), or Waco when my daughters go off to school.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Of course, I keep putting special jel on my skin to keep it good and thick when I know the "weak Big Ten" stuff starts.

I hate Ohio State... mostly Tressel... for not being ready for their big games (good thing Stoops is around to take some of the pressure off him)...

To make myself feel better, I zip on over to espn, look at the Big Ten's other bowl games against the SEC... espn goes back to 2002... and Voila... there's Iowa at 3-1, Michigan at 2-0, Minnesota at 2-0, Wisconsin at 2-3, PSU at 1-1 and MSU at 0-1.

Make me even madder at Tressel.... cuz it's not like the rest of the conference is having a big problem.

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

How many of these are BCS bowls? That's where the best from each conference meet and tells a lot more than other bowls. Unless you want to know how the 7th best team from the SEC matches up with the 2nd best from the ACC or something.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the conference has a serious problem in that the rest of its teams are perennially worse than a somewhat average OSU team.

in bcs games:

the big 10 is 8-10. 44.4%

the sec is 13-5. 72.2%

do you really count that bowl win against LSU in the cap one? i guess you should.

10. 2000_tiger

2000_tiger Founding Member

Not trying to be an ass but if bowl game is the only criteria then Pac-1 is 5-0. I think we should consider entire body of work and not just bowl games.