Hummm... I wonder what Max, Palmer and Ricks are thinking right now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Sorry to hear that, but It will save him the embarrassment of losing to his former team.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I hate to hear that but it just goes to show that it's not always greener on the other side. What about Arik Gilbert? Is he still on the Georgia team? As for Ricks, he may be nursing an injury, but I think he's learning that having talent is one thing but you have to also work hard when the competition is just as good or better if you want to see the field. I have several coaching friends that say he really hasn't been as impressive as they had hope for.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@CagedTiger Saw something about Gilbert a few weeks ago, I think he was injured but was at best 3rd string anyway. Not sure about this, but either way I don't believe he's having impact for them at all.

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Put Boutte on that list. I think a group of talented kids came in after the 2019 season thinking shit was easy. The 2019 Champs were some quiet, hard working mofos who didn’t take things for granted.

StaceyO likes this.
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I couldn't agree more. That 2019 team had incredible leaders and slacking or half-assing it was not accepted. Our biggest problem this year is the absence of good leadership on both sides of the ball. Ojulari is starting to fill that role on defense, but I really thought Gaye would be the leader, but he only has 9 tackles and one sack up to his point. Offensively, we don't have a strong leader, period. If you look at the top teams every year, the one common trait they all share is great leadership.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I disagree I think the second half performance and refusal to quit demonstrates good leadership in the coaching staff and team.

7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Agree, there doesn't seem to be much quit in them. That bodes well for the future. Outside of Boutte I haven't noticed anyone mailing it in. Much was expected from Boutte, maybe too much. But his whining and blocking air hasn't helped.

8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

He wont be the best TE on that team or even close until Brock Bowers leaves.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He has to be out of eligibility soon right?

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member