Vote Now! How Many Games Should LSU Lose Each Year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Nov 12, 2013.

?

How many games should LSU lose each year?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2013.
  1. 0-1

47.2%
  2. 2

38.9%
  3. 3

8.3%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other

5.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Then we have something in common. Maybe we can build on that.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Lordy. Happy f-in thanksgiving. I can attest to being branded a hater for criticizing les. We almost pulled an ole miss against Arkansas but the pumpers see the win as proof that miles is beyond reproach.

I'll give miles credit for all the bizarre, dramatic, underperforming victories, because ultimately all that matters is the W (though more can be derived from every game than a binary result). What's hypocritical is how these same folks don't want to hear complaints after a loss and don't want to assign any blame to miles for a shitty defense or whatever f up contributed to the L. These same folks also get mad when you compare what truly ultimately matters, NCs.

Can't have the argument both ways folks.

shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I don't need to build on crap.

People just need to stop referencing Saban and bitching about people talking about our imperfections. I enjoy talking about where we are strong and where we are weak, but for some damn reason when anyone talks about a weak area of this team people come out the woodwork and take it personal and start throwing punches.

It's bullshit.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    shane0911 likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

I weren't referencing the rebellious black bears.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Man that Ole Miss loss hurt LOL.

They were due for a win and they always play us tight for some damn reason.

I get worried about MSU. We have beat them for like 20 years straight LOL......

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We always play down to Ole Miss and Arkansas for some damn reason. Moo U always gives us gifts when we play them and we always capitalize on them. CFB is strange!

7. lsu-i-like

Even now I only consider troll ride performing at a higher level consistently, which wasn't the case a few years back when they couldn't beat ulm (and the rainbow warriors, if memory serves).

8. ParadiseiNC

Well, if you single out that one post, I would say happy f'in Thanksgiving, too. I am not "branding" anyone, nor am I offering a one-sided argument, and I am not saying Miles is "beyond reproach." That's being melodramatic. I am trying to counter all of the negativity that has seemed to be omnipresent on this board all year, and hit a tipping point for me in the 2nd quarter of yesterday's thread. If you look at my post in the Sidelines that Isltl created about Miles being "a fucking idiot", you would see a balanced argument that points out Miles' weaknesses, but tries to offer some balance, and the big picture. Goals and expectations are subjective and shouldn't be absolutes, IMHO. Most high achievers start w/ "acceptable" goals, but also have in mind "optimal" goals, and "ultimate" goals. For me, LSU has achieved acceptable goals, and I want to convey that to balance all of the negativity that seems to be prevalent here. I have clearly said Miles is not perfect, and that I want and expect us to be National Champions year in and year out, even though I know that is not realistic. I also respect many posters who point out concerns and imperfections, including you, Shane, Tiga, Cajdav, BayArea, Exile and many others. That's all good.

By the way, Happy Thanksgiving. I hope all Tiger fans had a lot to give thanks for beyond football.

cajdav1 and TigerTap like this.
  9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

ParadiseiNC great post, although I never expect a national championship. I do have a WANT for it though. :)

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

Right. That is better wording, for sure.

cajdav1 likes this.