How in the heck...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Swerved, Jan 17, 2004.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I don't agree. I would say they don't mean EVERYTHING, but not that they "don't mean anything." It's simple, if you don't have talent, you are going to have a hard time winning consistently. However, having talent doesn't guarentee victory.

Bottom line, I'd much rather be in the Top 5 in recruiting than not being in the Top 5. It's not like finishing with a good class is a curse or something.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Herman Johnson's stock has risen substantially just recently. He was not even in the top 100 rivals players, and now is listed as 30th best in the nation.

Also, XCarter is now a 5 star player (upgraded from 4 star), climbing from 33rd to 22nd.

Herring has dropped from 16th best to 23 best, so he is on the verge of being a 4 star recruit for USC.

LSU will still finish first in recruiting. USC is now tapped out, and LSU will surpass them on Feb. 4th when we sign Carter as a 5 star player.

LSU losing 2 players (Kuale and Lucas) hurt us (about 300 points). Look for us to sign Marcus Walker and possibly Kerry Franks.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

we didn't lose lucas

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

My bad, I meant Watson. I made the edit in the original post as well.

5. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

Why is USC "tapped out" with 18 commitments?

Is that all they have room for this year? As far as Kerry Franks is concerned, don't hold your breath. According to Insiders, he re-confirmed his commitment to the Aggies today ...

6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Easy they signed 6 5 Star Recruits, 3 are Juco players, which are normally ranked 4 or 5 Stars. LSU signed 1 JC 5 Star. Want to beat SC in recruiting? Sign 5 JC players to finish this class. :D Naw.. I'll take the players we have and are going to get.