How does Mullen firing affect LSU hiring new HC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 21, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Aranda just doesn't have the track record as a HC to warrant a job like LSU! He's had one great season and that doesn't qualify for a top tier job. I hear Napier is a real arse to work for and that he runs things like Saban did. He may turn out to be a great coach and with more openings every day, he might be LSU's next HC just because of the process of elimination!

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Notre Dame hired a high school coach back in the early or mid 80's, he was the Ohio equivalent of J.T. Curtis. He did well for a couple of years, but not by the 60's and 70's Notre Dame standards. We should not do this.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Aranda doesn’t have a long track record as HC, but he also isn’t reliant on great players or smoke and mirrors and is doing it at a P5 level (at a school with less talent than many of its main competitors).

Hou-duco and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

No, but neither did Saban when he had the chance. I want somebody who can take care of one side of the ball, Ed O spoiled the CEO model for me. ULL is exponentially less than LSU.

5. lsu-i-like

Freeze is a dumb ass off the field. That hasn’t changed and we can’t afford that after two dumb asses in Miles and O. I like Kiffen, but the concern that he’d let success go to his head is too strong considering where we are after those 2 knuckleheads.

6. msully

msully Founding Member

Just look at Tenn after Lane at least 8 yrs rebuilding

TCUTiger likes this.
  7. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Just don’t hire my boy Mark Bonis! ;)

8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I read a few articles suggesting Kiffen is high on the Fla. wish list drawing parallels to him and Spurrier. Both are thought of as offensive innovators. Both have similar personalities, flashy and somewhat annoying. Seems like a perfect fit to me, and all the more reason to hate Florida

Edit: @CagedTiger also mentioned above the fit between Fla. and Kiffen.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  9. lsu-i-like

They like Napier too.

10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree. Hiring a HS coach would be a disaster! There are very few people out there that can handle an elite D1 program like LSU. Being a D1 coach at a major program is extremely difficult when you consider it's 24/7, 365 days a year. There is no off time because you have year round recruiting, coaching, game planning, boosters to please, booster club appearances and commercials to make and that's just for starters. Somehow, you also have to fit in your family time to make them happy. On top of that, you better win and win a lot!