Hornets getting ready

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mctiger, Sep 29, 2009.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

And on day 1 of training camp, Byron Scott says the starting small forward job is Julian Wright's if he can keep it:

New Orleans Hornets' starting spot is Julian Wright's to lose, Byron Scott says | New Orleans Hornets Central - - NOLA.com

I hope this works out. I've always felt Wright has been better in the games he's started, rather than coming off the bench. And with his minutes cut back, Peja could turn out to be the "instant offense" we need on the second unit. For that matter, Peja and Marcus Thornton entering games together could drive opposing teams nuts!

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Sounds awesome! Been waiting to see Julian Wright get more minutes. Couple that with scaling Peja back and saving him the wear and tear, sounds like this is a win-win.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, that sounds like a much better plan for utilizing what talent you have. Peja is getting old and has back problems, so coming off the bench with reduced minutes makes total sense, whereas, JW is young, energetic and will still be that way late in the game when others may be tiring. Hopefully, he starts to execute on offense like he is capable. JW prolly still another year or two away from being really good, though, IMHO.

4. tigerclawswipe

tigerclawswipe Veteran Member

Should be a good year for the Hornets. Got rid of Tyson brought in that African, he should add 20 points a game. I like the move. To bad no one will beat the Lakers.