Hoops Recruiting (2007-2008)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Nov 27, 2006.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Just saw that J.Morgan must not be a man of his word because he just assured Johnson that he was solid.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

His high school coach wants him to honor his commitment but his aau coach doesnt.

3. artichokes

artichokes Founding Member

Which is crazy, because his AAU coach is a Louisiana native and is close with Butch Pierre. Is UCLA offering him something on the side?

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ional/stories/050608dnsporecruit.3c8b653.html

5. clair

clair Rockets

after the lying, I hope LSU doesn't let him out of his LOI and makes his ass sit out a year.

6. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Ahhh... the fickle kids these days.

Seriously, my emotional reaction here is kind of with you. I sort of wish we could say no, but honestly, what's the point? LSU looks bad if you do, and what good is it to have a disgruntled kid on your team?

It does worry me a little bit, though on what this says about the recruiting perception of CTJ. Is this really more about Morgan feeling like UCLA will launch him to NBA and give him more exposure, or something negative about CTJ/LSU? I can see why now UCLA makes sense... Love is gone, UCLA is a consistent Final Four contender, and their only big man who even comes close to taking his PT is Keefe. But, as AR proves, LSU can develop a guy and by no means inhibits your draft stock. Seems like Morgan just wants a little bit of L.A. stardom for a one and done... In any case, I'm not sure this is such a huge loss. I was still scratching my head a little bit about whether his 13.5 ppg and 11 rpg were that astounding. This leaves us with more PT to spread amongst our returning frontcourt and new guys, I guess (I see this being in a way a nicer way of ensuring guys like Garrett Green don't transfer and stay and develop). I also hope this is serious message to Chris Johnson that he take this offseason seriously (i.e., muscle up) and make the most of this opportunity to make the NBA next year. It makes 2009's recruiting of a big man in the middle that much more critical though...

7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I think we should say no for educational purposes. Now is a good time to show the kid what a contract means.

8. artichokes

artichokes Founding Member

9. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

2theAdvocate.com is reporting J'Mison Morgan is going to withdraw commitment to LSU due to lack of interest shown by Trent Johnson. I am sure there is more to the story than this. Johnson met with Morgan on April 22 and everything seemed fine. This would be a huge blow to the Tiger's recruiting year.