Hoops BBall Recruiting (2006-7)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Jun 17, 2006.

1. artichokes

artichokes Founding Member

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Im not to worried about thornton, but spencer had never actually committed, hopefully we will hear some good news tomorrow morning.

3. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

According to a fan on The Rant he met Brady today and Brady told him that both Spencer and Thornton have signed.

5. sonof504

sonof504 Founding Member

Lil Romeo signed with USC darn

6. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

According to Scout, Bo Spencer has signed a LOI with LSU. Welcome aboard Bo!

So we have quite a large signing class now, and with the late additions it's a LOT more balanced. Some may take a year or two to contribute, some will obviously be expected to contribute right away (Randolph, M. Thornton), one I'm not expecting to contribute much at all and it wouldn't surprise me if another falls into that category, but it looks like a good class overall. Hope they mesh well and we can regain some of the chemistry of the 2005-2006 team.

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I am very excited about the class, I can see M Thornton being another Lamont Roland type player...hopefully some of the other guys like dj wright and green can be sleeper type prospects for us.

8. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I agree. I don't know if I'm estatic about this class. For those that have followed the great history of this thread, it's been a windy path. The shortcomings have been the inability of the staff to recognize early and convert on point guards Jai Lucas and Keegan Bell, or moving on guys like Javi Gonzalez or Donnell Beverly earlier. And, we'll need to see if guys like Garrett Green will pan out.

BUT, I think this is a deep class, and addresses the dire need to get folks into the system sooner. We were able to pick up late two solid prospects that address needs. Marcus Thornton (who honestly could have gotten interest earlier) and Bo Spencer, who I think is one of the underappreciated LA guards who can surprise. Or at a minimum is a 6-1 guard who adds another dimension to our backcourt of court leadership, shooting and defense.

All in all, it's also a class with diversity--a few JUCOs, a parade all-american, some kids from far away and some local kids. What this class shows is LSU ability (first in a while--since Brandon Bass's class) to go out and compete nationally for recruits. The key is now for Brady to meld this class in a way that keeps this class improving and staying for the long haul.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BE A FAN.

9. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

was hoping he could come here he's better than Bo Spencer who transfered from Southern Lab because he couldnt start over Pearson

10. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Does anybody know why Marcus Thorton hasn't signed yet ? and if it may have something to do with a scholarship opening up at Kansas with the player going to the draft.