Hoops BBall Recruiting (2006-7)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Jun 17, 2006.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Make sure the first one doesn't have the /

2. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

well anyone have anything official about Spencer and Thornton signing with us today? To be honest with this class coming in next year I am very excited about the next year with LSU basketball.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

no, they didn't.

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

true, i recently left a job for a lot of reasons, but among them were that the owner/president of the company had a 20 year affair with the vice president of accounting and the CFO of the company had an affair with an accounting employee who deserved to be fired 10 times over.... except for the undoubted ass covering going on. not to mention most men there bragged about how much tail they bagged on a regular basis.

most men i know well and personally are faithful. if i'm ever in a position of subservience to a man that isn't, i try hard as i can to get out of that situation.

spencer ford threatened to kill a ref in JUCO. sad, but it's not something i blame brady for. well, i guess you could blame him for ever recruiting the kid in the 1st place

6. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Nothing that I've seen, but I find it interesting that when I read that Advocate article, it seemed Thornton is a lock, but Spencer was far from a "lock". It was more LSU was "expecting to sign him". Based upon Spencer's dad, it really seemed like Spencer was doing some soul searching. It's down to Oklahoma and LSU for him, and probably a matter for playing for Jeff Capel and moving to Soooner land (believe me somewhat of a sacrafice), or playing for CJB close to home. We'll see in the next few days. I just hope CJB has a contingency plan (Hank Thorns or Josh White or someone else). I think Thornton is the more immediate concern and contributor. Is Spencer an upgrade from Voogd? Probably. Is he the PG we all would love? :nope: Is he a guy this class probably needed (a LA signee, a top 10 LA player, and a guard)? :thumb:

Regardless, I think that given our off year, expectations for next year will be low--but the team will be underrated. Honestly, I'm also a little bit surprised that LSU isn't getting more credit for this signing class. It's not bad. And when you consider that LSU's class a few years back of Temple and Thomas was also "underrated", I'm less concerned about the press. Randolph and the Thorntons (M and Q) will both contribute right away (and when you consider it, we're getting a 5* SF, and All-JUCO PF and SG). DJ Wright and Garrett Green are both long-term guys, but I believe DJ will surprise. If Spencer ends up being a signee, I'm betting that the kid will contribute. I just think that Glen Oaks signee, All-State, MVP of his All-State class tourney, he could end up like a Ryan Francis in the sense that he will surprise at a major level. In any case, he's a young guard signee adding depth to your "old" backcourt (with MThornton all Juniors+), who solidifies LA ties on this team, and is a good shooter, which this team never seems to have enough of.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BE A FAN.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i cant remember how this all works, but wouldnt we expect to hear about transfers by signing day, or even before. id guess coaches taking transfers would like it set in stone so they dont get screwed.

8. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

By this, I'm not sure if you mean b/c LSU plans to sign two they need a transfer. I don't think there are any time restrictions to transfers, other than when they transfer affects their eligibility status and time left. Clearly a coach, if he's going to offer a schollie wants a spot for that kid to play in, so knowing who's transfering will help. But, I don't think that transfers need to announce around signing day.

I do remember looking at the numbers of the squad and thinking to myself that there might need to be some "room cleared". Big Baby is leaving early and you had Tack leave, so that frees two spots for Marcus and Bo--unless I'm missing something (looking at the roster, assuming GTerrebone is a walk-on, we'd have 8 returning players, + up to 6 signees--that may be over the limit). I think that signing so many recruits this year makes a little bit of a bind for next year's signing class (presumably you want a spot for Tyler and Monroe, if we're optimistic), since if everyone comes back only D.Mason is a Sr. So, there may be more "attrition" down the road as well.

9. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

The scholarship limit in basketball is 13. We have 8 on the current roster who could be returning (T. Mitchell, T. Martin, G. Temple, M. Rolle, D. Mason, B. Voogd, C. Johnson, A. Farrer). We signed 4 in the fall, anticipating Davis leaving but before Minor was dismissed. With the original numbers that would have been it. Of course Minor's dismissal opened 1 more scholly. We seem to have 2 more players coming aboard with Thornton and possibly Spencer, which leaves us at 1 over currently.

10. artichokes

artichokes Founding Member

I'm thinking Dameon is going to quit.