Honey Badger to Enter NFL draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerchick46, Nov 29, 2012.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I really don't think there is an LSU player I've enjoyed watching more than Tyrann.

That said, it's going to take a specific style of defense to use him. He lacks the height and speed of a pure corner and doesn't have the size to play safety. I think he'll be a 5th-7th round project.

He has instincts and immeasurables that you can't teach.

2. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Unfortunately for some people, it's the only tests they can pass...

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Though I wish him the best, the venture into the NFL will not turn out well. Lack of self control, or lack of intelligence will be his quick downfall.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

On the Rutgers - Louisville game during a break quoting an ESPN analyst they said he was probably a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I agree with Brett, that if he's drafted he will be a late round pick.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Talking with someone today, don't be shocked to see him get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round. If a few things come into play.
    Minters name is coming up in the boards, we'll see how high after the bowl game.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What if Minter and Reid leave. That's really going to make our defense look alot different next season. Tahj Jones, Barrow, Kwon, and I don't know who else would slide to that outside spot. D Line would look alot different, we could be looking at 4 new starters on the D line, 2 at linebacker, 2 in the defensive backfield.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

For the record I meant 8th pick of the 4th round. Although I suppose 5th is a possibility.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

His "football IQ" may be there, and it was easy to get it to translate at the college level. Yet even at the college level dude wasn't a great corner. Sure he was a tremendous play maker, sort of had this knack for what was going to happen but again, that was in college. NFL moves much faster. NFL WR's will eat him alive. He just doesn't have what it takes.

The betting window is open. Line up and lets talk business.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Vegas set the odds at honeybadger being in the league after 2 years at -120.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I would expect him to end up as a safety. While he doesn't have the size or speed to play corner the free safety position is made for him. Bob Sanders and other smaller safetys have done we.. He can add 20 lbs to his frame and play at 200.