Harold Reynolds fired

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUGradin99, Jul 25, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

• Thirdhand info, but I'm told it's sexual harassment. There were allegations of inappropriate actions between him and female PAs on a couple different occasions, so I'm not entirely shocked.

• It's apparently sexual harassment, but no one knows who the victim was. It went down over the course of the weekend.

• I have on good authority that HR was fired for all things, hitting on girls. Allegedly, this has been going on for a while. The last straw was when a new PA was having none of what Harold had to offer and turned him in.

• Harold Reynolds was fired more or less for copious amounts of sexual harassment. Apparently, he brazenly hits on female employees constantly, despite the fact that his wife just had a kid six months ago. He was warned by the big-wigs on numerous occasions to cool it with the ladies, but someone finally lodged a complaint, and he was canned immediately.

UPDATE: Another reader, with "contacts on the inside," refutes the sexual harassment whispers: "Anyone who is saying sexual harassment either has been given bad third-hand info or is lying. Harold has had a couple of rather heated arguments with the producers at "Baseball Tonight," and some of the suits at ESPN over the program's coverage of Alex Rodriguez. At the last production meeting, when it was made clear they were going to really play up the A-Rod angle during coverage of the Yankees-Texas series, Harold had a colossal meltdown, which led to his dismissal. The sexual harassment allegations are even more laughable when you consider that he is being replaced by Steve Phillips -- a man who has never met a skirt he wouldn't chase and who was caught in one of the more embarrassing front office sexual harassment scandals in MLB history."

True? Not true? This, like the rest of it, just reinforces our point: We don't know. And the longer ESPN pretends like nothing happened, like they're a corner shop with three employees, believing this stuff can possibly remain private, the more talk there will be. Still, this is the lone "it's not sexual harassment email" we've received.)

http://www.deadspin.com/

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

They're probably trying work in some incorrigible nag to be on there, to give more equal opportunity to coverage of a man's game.

There seem to be more and more no-talent women sports announcers (not just ESPN, though they have some of the worst.) Ya know, like when they have Jackie MacMullen on Around the Horn. I think my DLP TV's color wheel gives out when she's on. And I'm thankful for it.

3. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Harold knows the game, always enjoyed his take on things. He brought a lot to the CWS. In the corporate scorebook, it looks like he was trying to step up to the plate and hit a home run with the ladies, struck out and couldn't get to first base. With a wife at home, he'll probably have to take a walk and forever be passed balls. :hihi:

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

What's really bad about this from our perspective is where do we tune in now to watch him give his opinions on baseball? Well, pretty much nowhere now. Sooner or later ESPN has got to get some competition right?

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

um, BDSS, P?

There isn't a rolleyes smiley big enough for that one.

6. LSUGradin99

Anyone ever watched the CNN SI channel when it was first getting going? At the time, it was very comparable to what ESPN was offering. Really no way to easily go up against the ABC/Disney/ESPN machine though, but no harm in wishing there was a real alternative.

7. LSUGradin99

The Best Damn Sports Show is just that, a show. I did not say competition for Sportscenter. Although a new all sports network would definitely have such a show. Guess you like Fox Sports? The problem with it is that is is broken up into regions.

What do you mean by P?

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

period.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Man, this sucks. I love HR. He was definitely my favorite.:bncry:

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

speaking of espn, a dude i know actually was a contestant at a taping of stump the schwab this morning. my homeez even had a ticket for me to see the taping but i couldnt go, dangit.