Gumbo Discussion Last Night

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Jun 24, 2008.

1. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

So I made gumbo for the first time ever yesterday. I have to admit, it came out much better than I expected considering I had no idea what I was doing.

I think I was focused on it too hard though. My potato salad came out kind of terrible and I am normally pretty good at potato salad.

1 person likes this.
  2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i was at dante's kitchen in nola for brunch on sunday. one of the specials was a chicken/andouille gumbo topped with a couple of fried eggs.

i could not bring myself to try it.

however, i did think of this thread.:hihi:

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Nah, couldn't eat gumbo with fried eggs on top. Man I get hungry every time I read this thread.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Who's making gumbo next week with the 30 degree weather coming? I had a duck gumbo last week but may have to pick up a hen and some sausage and cook one.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have a bag of gumbo in the freezer and another one of chili, both waiting for some cool weather.

6. Cordelia

Cordelia Founding Member

"Should I have lied to her about wanting to taste that out of a bag gumbo?"

Between the words "Red Lobster" and "lied" and "bag gumbo", I think you have your answer. How about a Louisiana cookbook for Christmas? That way you don't have to be the end of the discussion. "Talk about Good" is easy. Paul Prudhomme's first book is still awesome and some of the New Orleans ones look like picture books. Your future will be bright with beautiful dark roux's and she won't think you are a know it all. Merry Gumbo-mas!

1 person likes this.