Guess who ate at the Abita Springs cafe today?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by stevescookin, Apr 19, 2009.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Occasionally, I have the pleasure of serving some celebrities and other famous people and political people at the cafe. One of my childhood heroes came in and I had the honour of serving him and his party of friends. I mean this was even better than the time I served cute little Alison Becker from MTV. I was honored!!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Morgus lives?

3. stevescookin

And Chopsley too. The original Chopsley was a St Bernard policeman named Tommy George and he has passed away... But, from the beginning, there was a substitute Chopsley because Tommy couldn't always get off from work to perform. So one of his friends (who was the same size) used to fill in and now he's the full time Chopsley. Morgus does live on the north shore and is not in the best of health as I understand. The substitue Chopsley was my guest and he is the Chopsley in the Photo. They were really bigger than big in my youth. On Friday nights, pilots flying in during the "house of shock" time slot reported a darker than normal New Orleans because everyone turned off the lights to watch Morgus the Magnificent.

Does anyone know his real official name?

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

5. stevescookin

That's his real name. I was thinking the "official real stage name"

Momus Alexander Morgus :).

6. stevescookin

A group of about seven people were eating breakfast this morning and one of the group asked me how business was. I get this question a lot from people and to tell you the truth I'm not sure if I'm being affected by the economy or if any dropoff in business is due to the normal summer slowdown. So I jokingly said that you could tell how slow things are by how nice I have to be to the Ole Miss, Auburn and Florida fans. I almost always am wearing my LSU hat so these guys got the joke. They sounded like they were from Minnesota so I asked if they were from there and if they were going to the regional. They answered that they were from Wisconson and didn't like Minnesota baseball a lot and laughed.

The guy I was talking to turned out to be Tommy Thompson...the governor of Wisconson.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Best bratwurst in America is from Wisconsin. In some cases better then German wurst. Them cheese curds get real old after a couple of pounds. :)

8. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

What was he doing in town?

9. stevescookin

Not really sure and didn't want to ask a lot of questions. I think it was a trip to see a municipal product in use... probably a water treatment method. I know that in the past watershed managers from the western US have come by to see something in practice here. I'm guessing...and probably wrong. I really wasn't curious. All we talked about was Bob Riley, the governor of Alabama who I ended up meeting when I was a Katrina refugee in Birmingham and Margaret Spelling, Bush's cabinet member (secretary of education) who participated in a round table discussion with my wife and I and several other refugee parents who had kids suddenly entrolled in the Alabama school system. He knew them both very well.

Oh yea, and as they were leaving, I told the group that Ohio State could be had; don't worry just call Les Miles!!:lol:. They seemed to get a kick out of that.

He's a republican, and was mentioned in the press to be a possible running mate for Mccain before he chose Palin, but this trip was not political in nature... so it wasn't like he was reading the free speech thread here on TF and was tring to find out who sent him that nasty e-mail :lol:.

There was a speech by Ivor Van Heerden, former LSU professor and Corps of engineers critic, last night at the Abita Springs town hall...but it was put on by the progressive democrats org. and I heard he was a no show there.

10. stevescookin

You know, Im really more interested in meeting and serving you Guys and girls. So far, Kylek and his family, and Mr. and Mrs LSUfaninmiss have stopped by. And I'm looking forward to Meeting Cajunlostincali and his family real soon. I'll keep everyone posted who stops by on this thread.

A while back, John Alario and his son and grandson stopped by on their way to play golf at Money Hill. (I know this sounds like the legislature during the Edwards admin. but it really is a golf course nearby! :)).

Chopsley was hard to beat though. I was truly impressed...that he came back several times since then. Apparently, Ptomaine poisoning isn't so bad :lol:.