Games of Disinterest

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by furduknfish, Sep 4, 2021.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

What, that I have concerns, not blown away by the hires (I’ll admit, not necessarily a bad thing; I was pretty excited about Pellini), or that Aranda was my first choice.

I’d be nit picking Aranda right now if he was our coach. Can’t help it.

I will say I trusted O when he made some less than sexy coordinator hires and that was a fucking dud.

kcal and Winston1 like this.
  2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Yep, I also bought into the Pellini hire. Still can't believe it turned into such a Nuclear Waste carrying train wreck. Other than Brady and Davis I can't think of an assistant or coordinator hire O made that was a net positive. All of the best coaches were hold overs from LM. I'm not saying there weren't any; they just don't stand out to me.

mctiger and Winston1 like this.
  3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I have to admit I was a huge O fan, but the more that comes out, it shows he was clearly in over his head. The biggest screwup was the hiring of Pelini without even interviewing him. I also place blame on Woodward for allowing this to happen and okaying the hire. Secondly, when O hired two brand new coordinators that was a huge red flag for me. With the athletes LSU has on the roster, any good coordinator would love to come in and run the offense/defense, but no one was interested because they knew what was happening internally. Lastly, the girlfriend situation showed how little O cared for LSU. As a coach of a major college football team, you protect the program and don't allow pictures of you with a younger lady in the pool/bed to hit the internet. On top of that, you don't bring your side piece to your last press conference! I thought it was O's last chance to give the finger to LSU and go off into the sunset. I give O a lot of credit for winning a NC, but I've lost a lot of respect for him since that point. O was clearly not the man I thought he was. Sadly, it didn't have to end this way!

HalloweenRun, rockwallfan and kluke like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#curseofthepoontang

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

undefeated…..

furduknfish and HalloweenRun like this.
  6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I wonder if he ever really loses it when he gets excited? I keep waiting on him to pull out some calculus pocket calculator and answer a question with some giant equation.‍♂️

kluke, ROY_LA_CA and rockwallfan like this.
  7. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

lol. i like that. in some respects he reminds me of what a young saban would be like. as much as i hate to bring up saban's name, he is the standard.

8. msully

msully Founding Member

5 and 7 ?

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Well I’m with @lsu-i-like on this one. Aranda was my 1st choice. I also can’t say that I am blown away by any of Kelly’s hires so far (excepting Frank Wilson) but am willing to give them my support recognizing that Kelly has a rite to build his staff as he pleases.

10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I was also totally wrong on Pelini. However, all of the defensive hires Oeaux made before this past season were starting to look very promising. Too bad we will never see what they could have done with more time.