Flashback to the off-season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robidoux87, Oct 1, 2017.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

How about a familiar name who is kicking ass in the group of 5 right now, Frank Wilson?

2. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

agree on the first

?? on the second one?? Wow how is he a douche?

3. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I think it will show that Alleva fell for a con job. No AD in his right mind would have attached such a high buyout on an experiment. It shows the poor judgment of Alleva and the selling prowess of O. We bought a used car that needs a great deal of repair. It would be great if it turns out differently, but I think many of us know better!

LSU_4_LIFE and BayouBengal014 like this.
  4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I didn't have so much of a problem with the hire; I was for giving him a shot at at. But I do have a problem with the package they gave him. I would have kept him on as head coach for a trial period, say two years. Then once he proved (or didn't) he could control a $100 million team adequately, make the call at that point. The whole buyout structure is moronic for a coach of his level.

Pjoe, ROY_LA_CA, LSU_4_LIFE and 2 others like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Back then $5 meant something.

StaceyO likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I remember hearing many were contacted. I assume the short list was Fisher/Herman/O. Maybe I'm getting Fisher/Herman mixed around.

7. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Jeff Brohm would have been fantastic. Maybe he'll be available next time around?

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We don't know that. Lots of bright young wonderboys have been successful at mid majors and duds at the next level. How many turn out to be Urban Meyer.

MikeInLa, tigerace and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Very true, he might not have been up to the task (of course we are just practicing mental masturbation with this coulda, shoulda, woulda type of conjecture) . But I base my assessment of Brohm off of his time as a player at Louisville, his tutelage under Petrino (who no matter what any one says about the person is an Offensive mind), his coaching ak WKU (when they played LSU two years ago in the rain, they were one of the best Offensive teams we saw all year long. Precise, disciplined, prepared, physically tough, etc...). You are correct, he may be a wonder-kid that never gets it done, but he was high on my list.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I agree there have been many coaches who were and are able to "Major in the Minors". Look at Charlie Strong, however he could be living off what Taggart left behind at USF and might be. But there are still names I would have preferred including Brohm. Its one thing to give a coach time if he has an actual idea of where he is taking the program, but Coach O is completely LOST.

I understand the hire from a fiscal standpoint due to Miles buyout up until the buyout we gave Coach O. That's where the entire thing makes ZERO sense. Alleva is a fucktard.

Pjoe likes this.