Fantasy Nascar

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Jan 22, 2008.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

CHICAGO
    Not a huge fan of racing in the windy city. Chicagoland Speedway is a cookie cutter which looks and shows like 15 different tracks. Low to moderate banking with wide sweeping turns, this is just another Sunday at the track. BUT WAIT, this is the first year to run Chicago on a Saturday night under the lights! Now thats different. I like this race to be a good one for a change as it is a first on many levels. First trip with the new cars, first night race and with the weather the first rain delay in this area! I hope they get it off but it is looking murky. If they do then the will do so with little practice, no qualifying and a track that changes with the weather. Should be a few lead changes but look for the guys that are 1.5 studs along with the guys that do well keeping up with track changes.

A clip from the 02 race and the drama it produced.
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWJ0c_pQR20[/MEDIA]

2. CajunlostinCali

BRICKYARD
    Bricks, LOTS of bricks underline this historic speedway. A race track made of bricks in 1909 was paved a hell of a long time ago but under the asphalt, the bricks still remain. The only exposed bricks are the start/ Finish line. So you see thats why they call it the brickyard, cause of all the bricks. Get it?

Flat, forever long, lots of turning left. HELL on engines, insane straight away speeds with a wicked brake in the squared off flat turns.

This is smokes house but soon he will give up the keys cause he likes that new car smell. Gordon never forgot, Jimmy gotta hint but I think Jr. got something to say bout this years finish. Dodge seems to run well here, must be the air. Ought to be fun. Weeeeeeee.

3. CajunlostinCali

What he said cept TEXAS TERRY LABONTE will drive the 10 car in place of the overwhelmingly ghey Carpentier so that he may geaux ghey off in Circuit Gilles Villeneuve CANADA!

In other newz Jimmy Johnson will drive a truck for Randy Moss in Bristol.

Ryan Newman has given his verbal on running round half pack with Smoke!

The 45 car will use three different drivers in three different races through the next month in an effort to keep their heads above water. I think Kyle Petty is a great human being and I love his story but for retired Terry Labonte to just jump in an consistently run 10 spots higher then Petty says that maybe Kyle was born for the booth. Time for the King to step in here and point his 10 foot finger into the right direction.

Nationwide series not to return to Mexico City! Wonder why???

Anybody else find the Indy race interesting? Despite it being a goatphuck the way it played out was very interesting. Harvick 15 laps down gets a lucky dog! Now thats intertainment.

4. CajunlostinCali

Centurion Boats at The Glen

This race I like. Fact is I loves me some road course racing because they are the great equalizer for those that do not possess the skill to turn right without someone in their ear telling them to do so. You need an equally balanced vehicle and brakes, you gots to manage brakes. Too often this race comes down to fuel mileage, something which I, and I know I am not alone, have had fits over in the last few weeks. That is right, my losers slump continues but not in vain as I am not the only one in this boat.

RAIN has dominated the prospects for this weekend and many of us in the fantasy league are subject to getting burnt over qualifying, scheduled for a very soggy now. We shall roll with that gut punch. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Remember these guys? How spirited a group of good old boys!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUTxjJ8zBss[/MEDIA]​

5. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I remember last year's race was a classic. Smoke spun out, and still fought his way to the front. Started applying pressure to Jeff Gordon and Gordon spun out with 2 laps left. Oh yea, the Montoya fight was pretty funny too.​

6. CajunlostinCali

I am bored already thinking about this race. But what I said then was true and that is the best car does not always win. Jr with fuel mileage and barely took that one and he was NOT the best car, just the best fuel along with a race winning strategy. Well, I predict the same results with the same position I have taken with fuel at question and that is my slump continues. :(

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Hopefully when they build the track in Louisiana they will take away one of Michgans races and give it to us.

8. CajunlostinCali

[​IMG]

Fuel was not an issue. :)

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Never happen; they wouldn't take one from the auto industry's back yard. IF we ever build a track (which I doubt), the one with 2 races to target is Loudon, followed by Pocono.

Hey guys, I moved into 4th place this week, and in the main group, I'm up about 22,000 places in the last 2 weeks. Ya' hear me comin?:wave:

10. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Again I had another bad week trying to save so key drivers for the chase. Now I say forget that, I'm just gonna pick who I think is best.