Fantasy Nascar

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Jan 22, 2008.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Coca-Cola 600
    Longest race of the year is here. Unfortunately it is on one of the most boring tracks though not THE most boring! The deal with this race is it is 600 miles as opposed to the normal 500. Engines designed for 500 miles of abuse tend to pop with a 100 miles to go. Tires were an issue in the past but no more of that. Goodyear fixed that so off to the races we go. Where the problems lay are in the transition from day to night. Handling changes is the key to running well and if you are not keeping up with those changes you will go from the front to the back and stay there. So if there is sh!t else to do on a Sunday evening tune in with some popcorn otherwise you can read about it the next day. It is a 5.5 hour race after all.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8aSQbZZ_wY&feature=related[/MEDIA]

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

No offense to the NASCAR nation. But aren't all these tracks ovals? 5.5 hours of left hand turns. How is it possible for one track to be more boring than another? How can anything be more than infinity? That's both a dig at NASCAR and a serious question. :grin: Disclaimer: I've never been to a NASCAR race and have never watched more than 2 seconds of a race on TV - so I speak from total ignorance. But you folks are used to that by now (right, Red? :lol:)

3. CajunlostinCali

Most watch to see the right hand turn that is made on a street full of left handed turns! It is deliverance personified.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

No not all tracks are true ovals: Some are egged shaped, there are also road course that have...dondondon RIGHT HAND TURNS.

And the day that I start doing left hand turns at 200mph I'll get bored and stop watching

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I'm told by my NASCAR fan buddies that you have to go to a track on raceday to understand. I tried to go to the KC speedway when I lived out that way, but didn't make it. Figured I should give it a shot.

Maybe one day. For now, it just escapes me. Sort of like how my LSU obsession just escapes my wife...

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I've always told people that going to a race won't necessarily turn you into a fan, but you can not help but have a good time. Its not just seeing it (and the speed is much more impressive in person), its the sound that you can't appreciate on TV, and the smell (burning rubber) that you don't get at all. If you're sitting close enough to the track, you leave picking bits of rubber off your skin. That, my friend, is experiencing a race, not just watching. And if you get the opportunity to go to a plate race (Talladega or Daytona), you add the emotional element. When you're looking at the roofs of cars (you're looking at the roofs because you see more of that than the sides when they get into those high-banked turns), and they're 3-wide at 180 miles an hour, closer together than you park at Wal-Mart, you hold your breath for them. Much different sound at a plate race as well, because they stay in a pack and the sound moves around with the pack instead of hitting you from all directions when the cars get spread out. Man, I can't wait to get back to the track!

7. CajunlostinCali

DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY

The “Monster Mile” site to this weekends Best Buy 400 benefiting Student Clubs for Autism Speaks. That’s a mouthful but one hell of a race. Speaking of which, Saturday host the Heluva Good! 200 being ran by the Nationwide series. Speaking of which, FUCCK Denny Hamlin for being a little prick last weekend and acting like folks owe him some space. DUDE it’s called racing, so go race you lil twat. Sorry, HAD to get that out there. Dover is always an exciting as it like Bristol but faster. Hard to pass and more then just a few up in the wall. Typically a close finish with a bear fight to round out the last laps. Concrete surface which favors the pretty boys but this weekend I ain’t rollin like that! I picked the beer drinkin crowd so watch out.

BTW, did yawl know our resident fantasy keeper Crip is at the top of the fantasy world being within the top 1000 amongst a better good of about what, 3 billion players? Golf clap for Mr. Crip. Clap, clap! :shock:eek:oooooooo

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Thank You Thank You

9. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I was thinking the same thing! I hope "Sliced Bread" spins him this week just to get him mad again. That would really be cool being they are teamates. I really hope Joey Lagano works out so we have a new young gun to follow every week in the Nationwide series, that series really needs a big name to hang onto.

10. CajunlostinCali

POCONO 500

The superspeedway that drives like a road course: The most unusual track layout on the NASCAR schedule. Pocono Raceway has a massive front straight that often sees cars going four, five and six wide before they funnel down into turn one.
    The triangle-shaped track has three different corner lengths and bankings making it very difficult to set up a car and to drive well. Pocono is, in a word, unique.
    [​IMG]
    But for as difficult as it is to set up and drive Pocono frequently hosts some great racing with races often decided within the last couple of laps.

This one is for OT!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-VhY6fitU[/MEDIA]

Honorable mention: TEXAS TERRY LABONTE is back in the saddle driving the 45 for in booth commentator Kyle Petty. Get some Terry!