Fantasy Nascar

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Jan 22, 2008.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Mr Thedude. Should you travle north to TMS in a few weeks, Do indeed look me up. I will have my 5th wheel out there, lots of beer and food and good times. I'll give you my cell number if you want. It's a jungle out there, lots of people with LSU flags hell I think someone had a zyedeco band last year and I know at least two groups that had crawfish. Downtown Fortworth will provide you with some great music. Race week is always on point there, especially at the white elephant. I would suggest trying to catch the J. Johnson Band, they are really good.

1 person likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

How inconsiderate of me to mention this before now? Of course the same invite as was posted for "the dude" goes out to all TF members that may or will attend the spring race at TMS. I can't "house" all of you, but you are more than welcome to drop by and pass a good time.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

4. CajunlostinCali

MARTINSVILLE SPEEDWAY

The "Augusta National" of race tracks. Smallest track on the NASCAR circuit carries a tall order. The "paperclip" isn’t kind to the small at heart. Brakes, and then more brakes are the order of the day. Top speeds are rarely above 96 MPH so therefore rubbing is racing. Got a little attitude left over from Bristol, then it is pay back at the clip. One of my personal top favorite tracks for the pure racing it brings. Local drivers Jeff Burton, Denny Hamlin, and Elliot Saddler (might not race) love the home feel but superman Jeff Gordon has seven wins, however no more then the King with 15. Unique in every way the race trophy is a grandfather clock, one of the most coveted trophies in all of racing. It will be a great race to watch.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wcwuqcNa0Q[/MEDIA]

5. CajunlostinCali

Phoenix International Raceway

"Valley of the Sun" is home to Saturday nights version of the fender bender for us left coast peoples! The 1 mile oval has a "Bend" on the back stretch and next to ZERO banking in the turns. A natural to racing roots which brings the experience from all drivers home town short track days. Difference between 1st and 40th is half a second. When 43rd starts he is already half a lap down. Brakes can be an issue as during the night race you can see them glow when they brake into the turn, however throttle off wins in this joint. This is one hell of a good race even for the haters. SAMPLE: Gordon ties Earnhardt's win record.​

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBV5Vp5JQ3U&feature=related[/media]​

6. CajunlostinCali

TALLADEGA

Needs no introduction. TB3, they are introducing an all you can eat section this year just for you!

My first race ever:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLdvjpFYcIs&feature=related[/media]

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

9. CajunlostinCali

Even if you are not a fan, tune into fox for the last 50 laps. There is some breath taking racing going on right now! It has really turned out to be a pretty kick ass show. Coming out of caution the big one lurks.

10. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I was there. It was my first NASCAR race. I thought that was some pretty exciting racing, which Sirius radio confirmed afterwards. They had 5-wide on the corners, they had 4 cars bump drafting back to back (which is just insane). At the last minute Saturday we decided to go camp out at Dega which was pretty "interesting". Definately cant wait to go back.

1 person likes this.