Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 16, 2015.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I could have sworn that I got credit for the TD when it first happened (I was watching on Redzone and then looked at our site to confirm) but just checked and apparently didn't. We play on CBS and fortunately didn't cost me the game (I lost by more than 6). In my other league (CBS also), he didn't get credit either.

IMO, he should have been credited. It wasn't a DEF/ST TD. If he doesn't get credit for it, nobody does?

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Below is the message CBS had on the play. It is a specific setting that has to be selected and has never been selected in my league before. We just have too many attorneys in my league (wouldn't change any outcomes in our league other than 6 more points added to someones total points which we pay out $200 to at end of season). I don't mind selecting it but I do not feel that any setting (scoring or tiebreaker, etc...) should be changed during the season and must be voted on at the draft prior to the season. But trying to be fair as well.

Julio Jones' fumble recovery for a touchdown in Sunday's Atlanta/Washington game is defined in CBS Sports Fantasy's scoring system as an Offensive Fumble Recovery for a Touchdown (OFRTD) If your league does not use this scoring category or the category for Individual Fumble Recovery for a Touchdown (IFRTD), then teams in your league will not receive points for this play and any similar play.

To enable either of these categories, select the category you want from the Miscellaneous Offensive categories outlined below. OFRTD will apply solely to offensive players. IFRTD will apply equally to individual players on offense, defense, and special teams. Once selected, be sure the category has the desired amount of points in the Default Value box, then click Save & Continue to make the update. Any changes made by Wednesday, October 14 will be applied to your league's week 5 matchup, as well as other matchups in future weeks. Please be advised that these categories are not scored live in the Fantasy GameTracker.

3. bhelmLSU

Any other leagues have any answers for me?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You are the Roger Goodell of your league. You make the call. See you in court.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i got suckered in a league for the first time in ages and i just checked, he was credited with a td. its an espn league fwiw.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Counts on Yahoo. Had it not I'd be victorious.

7. bhelmLSU

I assume all services allow detailed scoring settings like CBS allows. I killed two birds with one stone by making everyone vote on if in-season setting changes are allowed and only received 2 yes votes. We needed that to be settled to prevent future unnessesary debates. We can vote on that setting next draft. All voting during season is based on what is better for their team anyway.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

at this point, however the league scored it has to stay

no way you override it after the fact

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

NASCAR changes rules in the middle of the season. Why not Fantasy football

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wish rules could be changed midseason. Injuries have absolutely killed me and now it's the point where I can't even stash these guys. Would be nice to be able to have an IR or a few more roster spots.