ESPN: Saints d had "bounty" programs

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

You watch the tape. Both QB's finished the game.

2. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I have. I didn't mean that's what they did, but you could definitely tell they were out for blood.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Well that's what they were paid their salaries to do. Like I said before, those bounties paled in comparison to fines and wages and were the equivalent of giving your kid $5 for every "A" they got on their report card.

This is less about player safety and more about the Goodell empirical dynasty...and the players and their union know it. Also, as much as I resent Greg Williams now, I think he's getting piled on unfairly as well.

KyleK likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think the guy hit it on the head (pun intended) with the statement that player safety rule changes will turn the game into the pro bowl.

6. mctiger

7. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

8. mctiger

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know what confuses me. If you go back and look at film from the Saints, and find a bunch of plays where it looks like Saints players are intentionally trying to injure players, then fine go ahead and suspend folks. Now, I can tell you that watching the Saints, they did look like they were playing dirty, but they didn't look like they were trying to hurt anyone. They looked like they were trying to (at times) take cheap shots and lure opposing players into doing something stupid, like Pettigrew did when the Lions visited. You know, if the league was sitting there watching this the entire time, I'm pretty sure it would have been obvious if Saints players were intentionally trying to injure players.

What I find preposterous is saying that a member of a team cannot place a dollar amount on good plays that help their team win. Vicious hits within the rules have always been a part of the game, and if the hits are not within the rules, you get flagged, how does that help you win?

This whole thing is a media circus, and just a way for Roger Goodell to further his agenda and make himself look good for the upcoming lawsuits filed by Dorsey Levens, and Jamal whatever his name was, the Tennessee Vols running back that played for the Ravens...

10. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .