ESPN: Saints d had "bounty" programs

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Mar 2, 2012.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Not sure what your statements mean... together.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

My educated guess: Payments to players outside the terms of their contract is prohibited by the NFL because a signed contract is a legal document that shows the player is willing to accept the physical punishment and side effect of playing in the NFL in exchange for money. In this contract is verbiage that removes the NFL from any liability in these injuries. If it can be proven that a coach, GM, owner, etc (ie. NFL employee) is knowledgeable of a program that is prohibited for these reasons that leads to a player injury, then the NFL can be sued. It has nothing to do with the integrity of the game or player health and everything to do with the NFL as a business protecting it's ass.

Loomis and Payton are going nowhere. Williams, Payton and Loomis will probably all get fined with Williams getting the biggest fine. The Saints will end up losing the 2013 first around draft pick and the pussification of the NFL will continue as scheduled.

If this is surprising to you, then you are just naive. Players get stickers om their helmets in college football for the same thing the Saints players got cash for...

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

My guess, based on the Patriot spygate penalties, and Goodell's attitude toward unnecessary rougnness: Payton and Williams will be fined 750k to a million each. Williams gets a half-season suspension. Every assistant coach implicated will be suspended 2 games. The Saints will be fined 500k, and lose this year's 2nd round pick, and the #1 in 2013. Every player implicated will be suspended for 2 games. If the allegation concerning Vilma and the direct bounty on Favre is proven true, Vilma will get 5 games.

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Did you not state that you hated the Saints and hated Saints fans?

You seem to be enjoying a good deal of Schadenfreude right now, just like you are happy when the Saints lose a game or anything else bad happens to the Saints.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The NFL has to take action, but, I hope that Mr. Goodell punishes the individuals guilty of misconduct, and avoids hurting the competitive ability of the New Orleans Saints organization.

The Saints fans have nothing to do with the misconduct, and, if the Saints lose draft picks, and lose the services of Coach Payton for a period of time, this will make the Saints less competitive and hurt the completely innocent fans.

Heavy and unprecedented fines should be imposed on the guilty parties, whomever they may be. I'm talking about fines in the neighborhood of a year's salary.

There's no reason to harm the competitive ability of the organization as a whole. I do not believe in the concept of "collective guilt."

LSU fans who are not Saints fans are going to have to respect the fact that people who grew up in Louisiana around New Orleans are going to most often be huge fans of both LSU and the Saints.

If you are a member of this board and love LSU but hate the Saints, you can keep quiet about your Saints-hate. You don't need to irritate your neighbors and fellow LSU fans by loudly announcing your Saints hate on this Saints portion of an LSU message board. You make yourself small by doing so.

6. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

yes, I did state that I hate the saints. I never once said I hated Saints fans. FIND THAT QUOTE! That is just an outright lie. Atleast your true character is now shown. In fact for my dad's birthday I bought him a Saints shirt. So continue lieing all you want. I NEVER SAID I HATED SAINTS FANS AGAIN FIND THAT QUOTE. I CHALLENGE YOU!

Everyone has their team. Doesn't make one person better then the other.

I never watch a Saints game, not even the Superbowl when they played, which I stated, so it doesn't effect me one way or another if they win or lose.

But go ahead and keep making up these "facts" of yours. I am sure other people can atleast read and comprehend. You still can't point out where I said I was happy about this. Quote me. go ahead. That is what the quote button is for.

7. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

Why cause you said so? Get off your pedestal. It is a long fall. Like I said before not everyone in Louisiana are LSU or Saints fans. This is a public forum you are aloud to say what you want when you want too.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Now I know why Roman Harper, Malcolm Jenkins and company played so damn dirty.

9. mctiger

Rob Parker on ESPN First Take: "Spygate is worse."

10. mctiger

Good job, CS. I was reading the thread to decide what needed to be deleted when you jumped in.

1 person likes this.