ESPN - Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Feb 2, 2012.

1. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

I am with ya! I still want to know where his "chest" was when the fans wanted an explanation after the BCS mess.

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

that's a very good point:thumb: The talking heads love to stir up hot and spiced up controversy........

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Saban just did something much worse...he had 1-2 kids commited to play for him for months and then at the last second he yanked their offers because someone better wanted their spots.

If you were a Bama fan would you be in your room with the lights off crying and going hysterical about it?

The only reasonable minded people I can see being offended by Les' actions is the Kiel family and I guarantee you Les calls them and apologizes

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I'm sure I will catch flack from this, here goes....From what I remember, he came on a recruiting trip...loved it....he and his parents came back, at their expense to look LSU over. Their family has the money to attend any LSU games. This is not the first time Miles has thrown a player under the bus. NEVER could it be that that player changed his mind after seeing the GREAT job Miles did in the championship game!!!! Why not say "I'm sorry he changed his mind and I wish him good fortune." Miles knows football, but he is not a great game coach and will cover his ass no matter what. JMO.

5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Don't worry too much, i'm sure Hugh Freeze will build y'all into a respectable enough program where you won't feel the need to tear down your rival coach to make you feel better about your own insecurity as an Ole Miss fan.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Reb, quick question, what do you think about the Freeze hire? His staff?

You have any thought on the hires at So. Miss.?

7. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

You aren't going to catch any flack from me. I agree 100% It was classless and he should have said just what you wrote. Then when ND doesn't go to the NCG and LSU does that would have been a better laugh, IMO. (All this could have been done without saying a word.)

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Won't happen. He's a drama bytch. Remember I said this, I doubt he finishes his eligibility with ND.

9. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Wonder how many others out there are like me and simply do not care about Miles' statement at the pep rally. I hear a lot of people say..."well he is just a 17/18 year old kid." Personally, I am sick of 17/18 year old kids attempting to hold schools, staffs, fans, coaches and family's hostage with this I might sign, I might not, stuff. I am even more sick of the "which hat is he gonna put on" media thing. Many of these young immature kids eat that attention up like candy. I just think, if you wanna play that game, then you may have to take a few lumps along the way for your indecision, attention-getting, stupidity, homesickness, whatever it is. How about...make a committment and stick to it. If you do change your mind, at least do it early. I could swear it is, at times, purposeful. I would love to see some remedy for this. Not sure what it would be though.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, to the kid, its a game. The coach, its his job. A coaching friend of mine lost a QB less than a week before signing day. But this QB did call, explain and give his reasons. My coaching friend knew from the start that it would be hard to keep this kid.