Emery done for the year - Academics

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

It's what happens when you coddle kids and never hold them accountable for just the most common responsibilities because they can do entertaining things with a ball in their hands. Not much between the ears but damn that boy can sure run fast. SMH.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Do we have athletic department administrative issues in addition to football coaching issues? There must be a team of people whose responsibilities are to monitor and catch this kind of stuff before it becomes a problem. And I would expect that team of people would monitor not just football but all athletes - especially scholarship athletes. If so this would be more of a Scott failure than an O failure.

Buzz69 likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

With covid, we have tele-learning now in Louisiana. It should be possible to arrange him taking it any time, now. ;)

shane0911, TerryP and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Maybe they did and he just figured the rules didnt apply to him. Just playin white-devils advocate before indicting the entire administration. I mean it would seem only one guy out of a 100 couldnt figure this shit out...

Will add that in this PC era of academic privacy, the admins may not have as much insight into classes/grades as tradionally in the past.

msully likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He is, ultimately. No one helped me. I took it upon myself to know what I needed to take. It’s not that fucking hard. There's course catalog and courses show if there are any prerequisites.

LSU_4_LIFE, Winston1 and Buzz69 like this.
  6. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Looking over the staff directory that person appears to be Keenen Maddox. At the same time this extends to compliance as well. It's their responsibility to ensure all incoming freshman have their high school requirements met and it's also their responsibility to ensure all players are eligible. It's likely the latter that raised the flad due to Maddox dropping the ball. Assumption. That's all I've got sans questions.

Several years ago at UA there was a kid who was a half of a credit short on his high school requirements. His high school missed it and compliance did at the beginning until they began to review where he was academically. It goes to show these things can be missed but doesn't excuse when they're missed.

Across the collegiate football landscape you'll find players who only take six to nine credit hours in the season with plans to get those hours back over the summer sessions. IE: Fall and spring with nine hours a piece, take both summer sessions for another six credit hours, and they're at 24 just like they'd be if they took full course loads and didn't attend summer. That was a hell of a lot harder to do about 10 years ago when the NCAA didn't allow benefits—like room and board—to extend throughout the entire calendar year.

8. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Look at the entire IX fist Fuck. Everyone in charge had no biz being there . Employment on that campus is Token Hires Gone Wild .

9. Don Castavez

I said the same thing . LSU going to have more lawyers on their ass than a Baby Daddy who just won the Lotto.

10. Don Castavez

Verge Ausberry couldn’t find his ass with both hands and a GPS. If he’s an example of the hiring practices that take place in that building we’re lucky if in 5 years we’re not joining the Southland Conference . The hiring there is a buddy system . Crap floats . It always shows up .

shane0911 likes this.