.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

lol,.. TigerFan90 loves football

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I would assume all of assembled here do.

Living in Texas around legions of insufferable Aggies will be a bit nauseating for me for a while. So I understand his considerable angst.

My bourbon buzz wore off around the time that Jayden Daniels coughed up the ball in the 3rd quarter. But our season has exceeded expectations...especially considering I had no expectations going into the season.

3. GiantDuckFan

i can't write, "whoop" now, without thinking of you

4. StaceyO

In all honesty, there is really no reason for you to ever write "whoop," is there?

I guess I should be happy that neither of my daughters ever had any interest in becoming an Aggie.

My younger daughter, a senior, even applied to LSU recently because they kept sending her letters expressing their interest and because it's out of state, which is her big requirement. She toured (unenthusiasticly) last Monday.

Alas, Flagler College in St. Augustine, Florida, looks like her choice. Going to college at the beach sounds good to her, even if they don't have a football team.

5. GiantDuckFan

i suppose there's no reason to whoop,.. .. tho i'm in a group playing an online game,.. it's a common expression there,.. i didn't know it was a dirty word until you let me know

aw,.. another little bird leaving her nest,.. don't cry, ok

6. StaceyO

My older daughter is graduating from North Texas in May (no idea what she's doing next year...), but I was spoiled by having her 45 minutes away for college.

I have always known my younger daughter wanted to go far away. St. Augustine is closer than her other two (so far) acceptances: Lees-McRae College in Banner Elk, North Carolina, and Rosemont College in Philadelphia.

She's going for a small liberal arts college feel.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

My only daughter wanted to go to a smaller out of state engineering school. Neither LSU nor A&M were ever seriously considered (though she does root for the tigers). She ended up in Troy, NY (and that cost mom & dad a lot of $$). She now is doing very well working for an oil company on OKC.

LSUTiga and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

i never had any little birds, you two are blessed

StaceyO, Hou-duco and kcal like this.
  9. StaceyO

Let's just say the UNT bill was a lot less than the one for Flagler will be.

She just received a huge brochure for St. John's University in NYC. That's $70,000 a year, but hey, the application fee is waived because they "want her to apply." Gee, thanks...

Fortunately, in spite of her insistence on leaving the South, she self-realized two things: 1) She hates snow, so the Northeast (or the mountains of North Carolina) may not be a great fit and would require an entirely new wardrobe other than the short shorts she favors and 2) Culturally, she figures she will "understand" Florida, and it won't be a culture shock, even though over half of Flagler's students are from out of state.

10. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I would disown a kid of mine that wanted to go to a northern 'Liberal Arts" college, has "woke" written all over it. Florida is where "woke comes to die!"