.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

2. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Wow pretty bad. We're into the wet season here now. Not many fires this year here.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Is Oregon ate up with liberal fuckwads like Ca is? The key is to burn the underbrush every other year or so, whatever the forestry says for an interval and that keeps the fuel down. They also need to cut fire breaks. The idiots in CA lose their shit at the mere suggestion of such mitigation yet watch their state burn like a hay barn on almost a yearly basis.

Thats how you stop a fire.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

the fire is spreading east, heading into virtually uninhabited land,. many millions of acres of it,.. it's not like preventing a fire by cleaning up the debris in your yard, Shane,.. fire break, pfft, everybody's an expert from 1,400 miles away

shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  5. shane0911

I'm sorry, have you ever been involved in fighting a forest fire? Guess what? I have so while not an "expert" I am trained in it and have been in a fire. Very uninhabited land in Idaho of all places and guess what the experts had us doing? Fire breaks. Guess what they were doing....burning underbrush. The term fight fire with fire isn't just words you dolt! :D

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

you just like sitting on your ass, griping about cali libtards,,.. you don't have a clue about how the bootleg fire is being fought.. if you were here battling it, and knew the details, you'd approve and respect the way the experts are going about fighting this huge fire

Winston1 and shane0911 like this.
  7. shane0911

I bet they are trying to cut firebreaks and running into miles of liberal bullshit

kcal and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

you're wrong, fire fighting is taken very seriously on the left coast.. last year's devastating fires on the heavily populated western side of Oregon, no doubt, shut up the overly protective environmentalists,.. who never had a say in how our fires were fought anyhow

yes, oregon is a very blue state, but east of the cascade mountain range is rural, the people are very conservative,.. the county i live in glows bright red politically

mostly you're just a know it all, with an anti-liberal persuasion, who enjoys spewing shit from his pie hole,.. but about oregon, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about,.. but somehow you and i get along ok,.. it's a miracle

Winston1, kcal and shane0911 like this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

‘I just packed up and ran’: Bootleg fire continues to spread in southern Oregon
    https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-...e-continues-to-spread-in-southern-oregon.html

“I just packed up and ran,” Valens said. “I could tell from the photo this is a monster already.”

In the week since, the area scorched by the fire has doubled, then doubled, then doubled again. Tuesday saw more limited growth, at least compared to previous days, due to a smoke inversion that “put a lid on the fire,” according to Marcus Kauffman, a spokesman for the Oregon Department of Forestry.

“The fire didn’t have clear air,” he said. “The smoke layer moderated the fire behavior.”

Still, the blaze had left more than 212,000 acres blackened in Klamath and Lake counties by Wednesday morning. It was the largest of more than 60 fires burning across the American West, including 15 in Oregon and Washington that had burned more than 265,000 acres as of Wednesday morning. The blazes across the northwest mark an early start to the wildfire season as the region has been wracked by drought and heat waves, which have left forests exceptionally dry.

firefighters were concentrating their efforts on the Bootleg’s southern flank, where most residences were located, including Valens’ ranch in Beatty, a community of around 100 people. Other small towns nearby include Sprague River, Bly and Chiloquin.

On the eastern edge of the fire, much of the fire line was unstaffed, he said, because the wildfire was too unpredictable to put crews right up against the line. In those areas, firefighters were lighting back-blazes and digging control lines well ahead of where the fire was expected to go so it would have less fuel when it arrives.

Evacuation orders were issued for communities in Klamath and Lake counties and more than 1,300 firefighters were battling the fire. Much of Oregon has been in some level of drought this spring, but nowhere has the water shortage been worse than Klamath County

10. shane0911

Well lookie there, exactly what I said AND from your own article

Now say, "im sorry Mr. Shane, you were right and I was wrong"

GiantDuckFan likes this.