.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't know about that. I realize they swept us, but we lost all 3 games by 4 runs, including a fluke, so its not like we weren't competitive. A break here or there and we could have taken the series, so don't write them off just yet.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

how long ago was that series? This is different team now.

APPTiger likes this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG] ARLINGTON -- As a kid, Brandon Crawford dreamed of playing shortstop for the Giants. He now has the distinction of holding the job for longer than any other player in the franchise’s 138-year history.

Crawford made his 1,326th career appearance at shortstop in a 9-4 win over the Rangers, breaking the Giants' 80 year old record previously held by Hall of Famer Travis Jackson...
    ... and he broke the record in style, hammering a tiebreaking home run off right-hander Jordan Lyles in the sixth inning and then adding a three-run shot off Taylor Hearn in the top of the ninth to notch his fifth career multi-homer game.

:cool: the best all around player at shortstop i've ever seen,.. great SS, fine clutch hitter with power,.. been my favorite current giant since his rookie year

kcal and Winston1 like this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]

NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships hit Hayward Field: Day 1 schedule

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/20...d-field-day-1-schedule-5-things-to-watch.html

THINGS TO WATCH WEDNESDAY

• The men’s title is LSU’s to lose. Most running events are semifinal heats to determine the fields for Friday’s finals. To stay on track, the Tigers need to advance their entries in the 100, 200, 400 meters, the 110 and 400 hurdles, and both relays.

• The Oregon Ducks are projected to finish a distant second to LSU by Track & Field News. To be in a position to threaten, the Ducks need to advance their entries in the 1,500: Cole Hocker, James West and Reed Brown. T&FN projects Hocker to finish second in the final, and doesn’t have West or Brown scoring

• Cool, partly cloudy conditions are forecast. There is a slight chance of rain. This should be an advantage for the Ducks, who train in this climate. Conditions in Baton Rouge are very different.

• For the first time in its brief history, the new Hayward Field will have something resembling a crowd. Current COVID regulations allow 4,400 fans in the 12,650-seat stadium. That should be enough to give the Ducks a homefield advantage

[​IMG]

TigerFan90 likes this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]

on the men's side at the ncaa's, LSU is clearly the class of the field,.. sprints through 400 meters, and the relays,.. except the tiger's coach screwed up bad,.. LSU has the 2nd fastest 4x400 time in the country this year,.. but overconfidence, in the semi's none of your best runners were entered,.. tigers finished 5th and will not be in the finals on friday,.. but that was the Tigers’ only apparent major misstep. Second-ranked Oregon has a big task on Friday to muscle into title contention

6. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Hey GDF, thanks for posting that. LSU has always been strong in track. Good to see that they are the favorites. Just need to finish the deal. I guess our little “rivalry” continues.

In other news, looks like your boy Pat Casey may make the jump to come back into college baseball. Reports are out that he is the leading the candidate to replace Manieri when Paul retires. For Casey to win 3 nattys in a far north program like Oregon is pretty impressive. Would be interesting to see what he can do in BR.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

that stinky beaver is not my boy,.. tho Phil Knight paid half of Pat Casey's salary so he wouldn't go elsewhere,.. he was Oregon State's coach not the Duck's

TigerTap likes this.
  8. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Looks like I got the rise out of you I wanted. I know he isn’t a Duck. He did an amazing job bringing baseball titles to a place that is not well-suited for baseball in terms of development and long-term, native success - given the climate. I kind of thought we were gonna get that Florida dude who beat us in the Natty in 2017.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

Casey knew he had a convicted child molester on his team, and he hid that,.. if LSU tries to hire him, you know that will come out,.. do you really want controversy like that?

Richdog, fanatic and kcal like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

No

Richdog likes this.