.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Are you guys on the up and up with your program G? I admit I was really surprised to see Oregon was vying for just their second Super ever. Saw an interview with your coach he comes across really well.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

They had no baseball program for 3 decades. I think they got tired of seeing Oregon State get the glory, or at least Phil did.

GiantDuckFan and Brian like this.
  3. TigerFan90

We don’t meet often, but when we do, it is important to me that we continue to beat you - in everything! That said, I thought y’all would win this series and I thought y’all would win tonight. It doesn’t help y’all, but y’all barely lost this game and could have won. I know Fontenot pitched last night, but I don’t think he was in the bullpen saying that he couldn’t go. Of course, maybe they saw something down there and held him back. And we were depleted. If there was truly no option - Ok, I accept that. But I am skeptical of that. I thought we reached a point where we needed Fontenot to come in to get the last out. No matter, it worked out. This is a very talented team full of freshman. They will only get better.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. TigerFan90

And I am always a fan of the 9-8 final when LSU is on top!

GiantDuckFan and Brian like this.
  5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

baseball was terminated at oregon in 1981, did they have supers before then,.. ducks started baseball again in 2009, after the beavers won their baseball championships, we couldn't let them show us up

hired a real successful coach, george horton,.. for the first few years we did well, went to super in 2013,.. but then the game changed and horton couldn't adjust, team became poor, attendance dropped, (women's softball was drawing 5,000 fans, baseball maybe 300),.. time for a new coach,.. i think that catches you up

Brian likes this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

yup,.. from wiki

In July 2007, the university announced that it would again field a varsity baseball team, beginning with the 2009 season. One reason was the success of the rival Oregon State Beavers, who had repeated as College World Series champions a month earlier.

7. GiantDuckFan

our day will come, and we'll have everything

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, you may be right. I was having the same thoughts about Marceaux, too, I was just nervous that Fontenot was going to come in and not have anything in the tank, either. I'm sure he wanted to come in, though.

Nope, the current regional / super regional format started in 1999, then they expanded the championship game to a 3 game series a few years ago.

ETA- Just looked it up, and turns out "a few years ago" was 2003. :D
    It's hell getting old...

GiantDuckFan, Brian and TigerFan90 like this.
  9. TigerFan90

Meanwhile, i cant quickly recall how many trophies we have. And it’s not quite everything, but it’s a lot of hardware and very satisfying.

I knew y’all had the Napoleon complex going on with Oregon State. Too funny!

All ribbing aside, I appreciate our little “rivalry”. Unlike you, many Duck fans not only don’t appreciate LSU, but they really don’t like us.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. TigerFan90

It was a rather astounding stat coming into this regional that we had 24 regional titles and Oregon had 1. Now, make that 25-1. And with the younger Super regional format, we moved to 2nd all-time in Super regionals, 2 behind Florida State. All this said, I’m not delusional, it will be hard for the Tigers to advance to the CWS this year.

MobileBengal likes this.