.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

yep, healthy

[​IMG]

poor little girls,.. they only get full ride scholarships and tons of sportswear

shake em, baby.!

[​IMG]

TigerTap likes this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

[​IMG]
    Penei Sewell selected by Detroit Lions with No. 7 pick in NFL draft
    Sewell’s four-year contract, with a fifth-year club option, is projected to be worth $24,099,130 with a $14,886,640 signing bonus

“Certain things when you’re a coach, you see them way before they come into reality,” Oregon coach Mario Cristobal said. “I can tell you in 2017 at the all-Poly camp this day was already envisioned. So happy, happy, happy for that family.

Words cannot describe because knowing where they came from, the sacrifices that they have made. And the type of family that they are — tap into those old family videos and photos, that’s as good of a family as there is, good-hearted, good-natured, hard-working, incredible human beings. His father and mother, Ms. Arlene and Gabe. It’s going to be an incredible moment, awesome for everybody involved.”

[​IMG]
    Q: Can you tell your back story, where you’re from and how you learned the game?

Sewell: “I’m from American Samoa. I stayed in the small village of Malaeimi. We all stayed at the shack there, it’s just a beach, you can hit the whole island probably in a 40-minute drive. It was real small, life was real simple. To come from that to where I’m at today, it’s nothing but blessing.” .. “My dad, he was head coach on the island ever since I was young. He was always a head coach. The moment I remembered anything I was always out there with him whether it was helping take out football bags for his practice or setup the cones for conditioning for his team there. My dad ultimately helped me learn the basic knowledge of the game and fundamentals.”

Q: Why do people say you’re a generational talent, what is it about your skills?
    Sewell: “It’s my mindset. If I had to pick one thing, my mindset. I’m coming each and everyday ready to run through the wall”

Q: How much growth do you feel there is in your game and in what areas
    Sewell: “To be honest, I haven’t even started yet.

TigerTap likes this.
  3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Nice pick by Detroit.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

he's just a wonderfull guy

in 1,376 total snaps over 21 career games at Oregon, Sewell allowed just one sack, one hurry, had one penalty, he's 21 years old

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    TigerTap likes this.
  5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Happy for Penei, very humble,well deserved! Also jealous of Mario Cristabal as you know. :( But I will be watching the Ducks this year as my #2 team. Maybe #1 if we shit the bed again.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Go-Go's were one of those groups if you admitted you liked them - you lost some 'Coolness'. My best friend and I were driving stoned and station hopping looking for Floyd, Tull, Zeplin, Deep Purple or the like and landed on We Got The Beat. We acted out the whole "Tommy Boy" Carpenter's scene 15 years before they shot the movie. Right down to singing along with it at the end. When we got home we used 'Flight of the Rat' to blast the heresy out of our systems. We laughed about it later - often. We live pretty far apart now and don't see each other much. I don't own the song or look for ways to play it - but when it just comes on the radio I always have to listen. It's like we are back there - like Boston said - its more than a feeling.

TigerTap and GiantDuckFan like this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

good to se you, kluke,.. I love, Boston

TigerTap likes this.
  8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

@kluke great story, very true with the coolness factor. I was in that group for a awhile. Still am to a certain degree.. Then someone asked an intersting question one day. "How many fine women have you seen singing along to D'yer Maker or Aqualung, bro?" He had a point. Kind of changed my perspective a bit. "All the chicks are going to see Journey..why aren't we?" Kind of fun looking back.

Boston was a different story. Their sound was amazing especially in '76/'77. Good vocals & good guitar. It was the Bicentennial year & almost every woman in America loved those songs. That first album is still way up there, imo.

Chipeace and GiantDuckFan like this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

The only song I can remember singing with a group of women in the early 70s was American Pie. In one of the bars on Highland road that sold 16 oz cups of beer for a quarter at happy hour. It was Falstaff, but like all broke college students we were all about quantity not quality. We'd guzzle beer and sing the chorus loud and bad. I still can't listen to that song - and I'm pretty sure I would gag on a Falstaff.

Chipeace, GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I remember when it was played over and over at the Common Ground on Highland road. We spent many nights there singing with the jukebox.

Chipeace and GiantDuckFan like this.