Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

why didn't you say that in the first place? why did you wait to place your caveat until I'd already used it to illustrate my point on the following page? You were quite clear initially and then suddenly lurched toward what you "really meant to say..." Given this knowledge why should I expect you to be clear now? Whose to say you won't pull the same stunt with what you are saying now?

I understand the phenomenon of how your position has changed on this after you realized you'd just helped verify my position. I really don't know if I can trust that you mean what you say anymore if you are just going to always try to change your story later on. The other guys around here are able to take a position and stick with it. You and @LSUpride123 seem to be challenged in this regard. I mean, just 5 years ago @LSUpride123 was losing sleep over debt and deficits. Then, Donald Trump took office and started spending like a drunken sailor and suddenly old Pride was A-Ok with those deficits and debt. I'm glad he did though because when he starts with that shit when Biden is elected I am going to re-post his words ad nauseum.

2. Tiger in NC

ding, ding, ding.....we have a winner! the evidence is always forthcoming, the goods are in the mail.

3. Tiger in NC

this is true. it does not, however, mean that there are two truths.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

because i overestimated my readers. thought they understood that complex systems like human voting habits have multiple factors.

you have made an error. again, one factor that can depress voter turnout is apathy driven by general content among voters. it appears the part that trips you up is that you think i am claiming this is the only factor possible. the wise reader might be able to understand that this is not my claim. there are many reasons people vote or do not vote.

in the case of the trump voter today, they are are motivated by fear of destruction of the economy by joe biden. but, and now pay attention to this part: i am not claiming this as the ONLY reason.

i know this is complicated. there are multiple factors. i can lead you through it if you listen.

seems pretty clear what is happening here is that i have called you out in the past for spreading the lies of the mainstream media and you didnt like it.

the mainstream media is so driven by trump hate they have abandoned any journalistic standards that they had. they will publish and amplify any story they think hurts trump. they think their performance as anti-trump partisans make them look like coastal elites.

5. Tiger in NC

again you are having to explain yourself after the fact and now you are blaming the rest of us for not understanding you. You made a very clear statement and without all the caveats you've since added. Now your story is that we just weren't reading your mind well enough. Good one....

Backtracking, backtracking, backtracking....but, but, but....again you are blaming your readers for your lack of clarity. The wise reader expects the author to say what they mean.

LOL....so Trump's failed presidency is the media's fault? That's a good one.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

incorrect, the readers, you included, understood. you are pretending to not understand.

please pay attention. i have not backtracked anything. if anything i more enthusiastically agree with everything i have ever said than ever before.

who claimed trump's presidency was a failure? seems like you are inventing positions for others. if you do not understand someone's position, the civil thing to do is ask, not misrepresent.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Then post it now. Go find it and do it. Lets go.

Get specific.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I love it when you talk down to NC

LSUpride123 likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It's irrelevant due to the 99.5% of people that survive. People die, it sucks, and I don't say that lightly because I have underlying conditions. So if I get it, I could become a death stat. But people die every day from things they can't control, so I refuse to live in fear and I don't believe there's anything Biden/Harris can do differently that will change it; including enacting draconian lockdowns. Best thing to do is to take the precautions YOU feel most comfortable with and not rely on the government to save you. If I do catch it and die, I won't blame Trump or whoever else may be in office.

Only it's not though. According to the source I provided, '39 to 56 million' people caught the flu between Oct 2019 and Apr 2020 (6 months); compared with roughly 9m who've caught Covid since March (7 months).

Laughable. What have you heard from Biden to make you think he's a progressive thinker?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What has anybody heard anything from China Joe to make them even think he's a thinker? The man has the cognitive abilities of a house plant

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    fanatic likes this.