Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Naw, It was an Apple watch and he was looking for text help

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. APPTiger

Mine is too, I was beginning to think I would never retire. I could go now but I'm too cheap to fork over all that health insurance money. Gotta wait a few more years, with Biden it might be more than a few.

Biden says he will not raise taxes on anyone making less than $400k a year. But then he says he will repeal Trumps tax cuts. Excuse me but that raises everyone's taxes.

Biden says He will raise the corporate income tax level. If he does is he thinking they won't pass the cost on to us? That is a defacto tax increase on everything and everyone.

Biden's health care plan green new deal bullshit will cost so much that we will all get either direct or indirect taxes from it. I'm not talking a little bit either. Never mind the 5-10 million newly unemployed.
    I used to work in in areas that focused on Alt fuels and green tech. I hate to break it to you but there is nothing out there that can touch the BTU energy bang for the buck that fossil fuels provide. Using anything else increases cost and decreases efficiency.
    This Paris accord that he is so fond of requires the US to basically forfeit it's strategic and competitive advantages and doesn't require other countries to do shit. It just asks for improvement. It's not hard to improve if you're crap. If your close to great already the incremental costs to improve gets considerably higher.

Anyone remember the last time we tried this. It was under Obama's first term. Billions of dollars pissed away because none of it worked. Most of the companies that profited from the government largess are out of business.
    Also, Biden denies any knowledge of his son's influence peddling. Why then was Hunter flying around the world with Dad? Was it take your son to work day? It doesn't pass the smell test. My only question is di he learn from Hillary or did she learn from him?

Vote Republican, they both suck but the other guys are bat shit crazy!
    (Rant off)

CajunlostinCali and LSUpride123 like this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@APPTiger cant disagree with much you’ve said above. Point is we’re screwed either way. I have no optimism about a Biden win UNLESS the republicans hold the senate. That will provide a check on the Democrats.

APPTiger likes this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Another indicator of how the election is trending is that Putin is making nice with Biden.

OCTOBER 25, 2020 / 02:19 PM

Putin rejects Donald Trump's criticism of Biden family business

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Sunday that he saw nothing criminal in Hunter Biden’s past business ties with Ukraine or Russia, marking out his disagreement with one of Donald Trump’s attack lines in the U.S. presidential election.

Putin was responding to comments made by Trump during televised debates with Democratic challenger Joe Biden ahead of the Nov. 3 election.

Trump, who is trailing in opinion polls, has used the debates to make accusations that Biden and his son Hunter engaged in unethical practices in Ukraine. No evidence has been verified to support the allegations, and Joe Biden has called them false and discredited.

Putin, who has praised Trump in the past for saying he wanted better ties with Moscow, has said Russia will work with any U.S. leader, while noting what he called Joe Biden’s “sharp anti-Russian rhetoric”.

Putin appeared less friendly towards Trump in remarks broadcast by Russian state TV on Sunday. In what may be seen by some analysts as an attempt to try to curry favour with the Biden camp, he took the time to knock down what he made clear he regarded as false allegations from Trump about the Bidens.

“Yes, in Ukraine he (Hunter Biden) had or maybe still has a business, I don’t know. It doesn’t concern us. It concerns the Americans and the Ukrainians,” said Putin.

“But well yes he had at least one company, which he practically headed up, and judging from everything he made good money. I don’t see anything criminal about this, at least we don’t know anything about this (being criminal).”

Putin also reacted with visible irritation when asked about comments Trump has made concerning Putin’s ties to the former mayor of Moscow, and to an alleged payment made to Hunter Biden by the ex-mayor’s widow. Putin said he knew nothing about the existence of any commercial relationship between Hunter and the woman. Joe Biden says the accusation about his son is not true.

U.S. intelligence agencies concluded that Russia tried to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election to tilt the contest in Trump’s favour, an allegation Moscow has denied. Russia has also dismissed accusations by U.S. intelligence agencies of trying to interfere with this year’s election too.

Reporting by Andrew Osborn; Editing by Frances Kerry

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I know, right? First, it's Russian disinfo. Then, when he finds out it's true, he tries to pivot with 'So what?' People like him are the worst. Turn a blind eye to treason due to Trump hate. @Tiger in NC you may be a military vet, but you are no patriot.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

<Going to vent a little>

You know, I dont deny what Trump is. I accept it. He could at least accept what Biden is and what the DNC is doing with Biden. Its disgusting.

Trumps point about Biden being in politics for damn 50 years and done what? But EVERYTHING is Trumps fault now.

These people are "educated" and lack basic critical thinking skills.

Winston likes to say we are fucked either way. I disagree. We would have been fucked if some GOP scum won. Trump has shown us many things if you (Not you just in general) could just not be such an emotional bitch that anyone with eyes open could see.

There is so much corruption that has gone on at the highest level is beyond sickening. They talk about Russia. Fuck Russia. Russia has NOTHING on us.

CHINA has a = or better military than Russia and an ACTUAL ECONOMY. That is the real issue here. China has infiltrated everything we are and purchased it.

Trump is our last hope.

All this moral grandstanding of voting "3rd" party is for fucking losers. You might as well take a shit in your hand because that is what it is worth. You aren't sending a "signal". You are refusing to make the hard choice and have failed to see what is in front of us.

My opinion obviously....

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    APPTiger likes this.
  7. APPTiger

Head this afternoon that Biden is buying TV ads a $15-16Million clip while Trump has canceled $24M worth of ads. Either Trump has given up or is very/over confident he will win.

FWIW- Just drove from Central Florida to Lafayette and back. The amount of tractor trailer traffic was astounding. If the economy is hurting, you wouldn't know it.

8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

He is correct not because trump is the problem but because the Democrats and media will never stop. Strife in the street will continue and be blamed on trump. Voting for trump is the only viable option but if you think the last 4 years were frustrating just wait for the next 4.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

It was smart as hell and there is a reason that he brought it up....it's called baiting...because he knew that Trump would start rambling about shit that 60% of the country has never heard of and it would make him look stupid....and it worked. Trump fell for it and started talking about money from China...blah, blah, blah

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Let me tell you this again....listen to me this time: No one....and I mean no one...gives a flying fuck about the laptop. You act like it's some grand revelation that Hunter Biden is a slacker and an addict. Further, if the FBI has indeed has the laptop since December I think it's safe to say that there is nothing there. I get it that you guys need to manufacture a scandal to help your guy but it's fallen flat and you guys are the only ones who care about the laptop.

It's not playing a card to say, correctly, that Trump has even lost the military. They know he is a fraud.

I think it's funny that you think anyone cares. It's a nothing burger. Nothing. Zero. Nada. You can stomp your foot when you say it but even that will not make it true. No one cares about the laptop, dude. If you are so worried about China then you should be worried about Trump....he's the only one with a checking account there and paying taxes there. Biden has turned over his taxes...where are Trump's?