Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

and this sums up everything that’s wrong in America right now....

get rid of the filibuster, expand the Supreme Court, statehood for dc and puerto rico to ensure a permanent majority, large tax increases to support climate change are all ‘concerns over what they might do’ but trump is , well..... bad, and he makes me feel bad....

those 2 don’t seem the same but I digress....
    how about this: what appeals to you most about a biden presidency? (hint: it has to be something you’re FOR , not against)

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He doesn't tweet mean things. He probably forgets them by the time he gets his phone out of his pocket

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would like to see what @Tiger in NC says about that. More specifically, even though he refuses to acknowledge the fact that Biden is not mentally capable of doing the hardest job in the world, what appeals to him about a Harris presidency.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I have never said I am voting for Biden. In fact I have said several times on this forum I WILL NOT vote for Biden....and I’m not going to.
    Get it through your thick skulls just because I don’t like what Trump has done doesn’t automatically mean I support Biden. That should have been clear with my last sentence of the previous post...”WE’RE FUCKED NO MATTER WHO WINS”.
    The quality of presidential candidates has been spiraling down since 2000 and is getting worse every year. Face it had Trump run in the 90’s he would have been laughed off the stage...just like what happened to Biden twice. That alone should make the point. Neither one has the qualities to be president and to meekly accept this is courting our doom.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

How? I have asked you this for years. What Trump policy has made your life worse? What Trump policy has made our country worse. Be specific....

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

this makes no sense..... quit fiddling while Rome is burning. all of the wailing and teeth gnashing won’t change the ballot. you literally have 2 choices....

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea I dont get the mental gymnastics people have in politics. Its not that difficult.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You’re right it doesn’t change the choice in November and I’ve made myself clear I’ll hold my nose and vote Trump. Problem is passively accepting we have only two choices only throws more fuel on the fire. In 2024 we may see Kamala vs DJTjr or worse. You can’t just be a cheerleader but express yourself to others and change minds or at least try. i
    It’s like when Curly Hallman was coach at LSU. I still pulled for the Tigers but complained about Curly and wanted him fired. Same thing here only maybe more important. Many did the same in Les’s last years.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it’s what I appreciate about you. you have gone on the record, etc. and haven’t wavered. we may not always agree but I’m glad for the way you attempt to make your point without the usual name calling, etc.
    I enjoy the back and forth...

Winston1 likes this.