Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You are jumping to the conclusion that the majority of the unhappy voters are unhappy because of Trump. A lot of voters are unhappy because of fear. Fear that they will lose their jobs. Fear that their taxes will go up. Fear of what will happen if the police are defunded. Fear that they will lose the 1st amendment right of freedom of speech and the 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Fear of socialized medicine. Fear that where they live will become a sanctuary city for illegal alien criminals.

Already cops are quitting or taking early retirement in record numbers. There is talk among some Democrats to create a commission to seek out and punish anybody who supported Donald Trump. Giant Tech is already trampling on the right to freedom of speech.

Fear is a greater motivator than simple unhappiness.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Hunter Biden himself could say it was his laptop and all emails are legit and you still wouldn't believe it. While I acknowledge Trump is not the perfect candidate and obviously polarizing, your blind allegiance to finding no wrongdoing with Biden and the Dems is both disturbing and laughable.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Why wouldn't I? People are very unhappy with the way that Trump has mishandled the pandemic. In spite of his insistence otherwise, people aren't fooled. They can see for themselves that we aren't faring as well as other countries with the pandemic....and countries that we never thought we'd find ourselves behind....especially in science related matters. As a result of his mishandling of the pandemic, our economy is also suffering greatly and isn't bouncing back as any of us hoped. Further, without some kind of second round of stimulus we are probably looking at an extended recession and Trump can't even get on the same page as his own party. Not to mention that Trump is playing the same old playbook from his 2016 campaign except less succinctly this time. People aren't fooled when he tries to cast doubt on Biden's health because they remember that schtick from 2016. People aren't alarmed or confused when they read that Rudolph Guiliani set up another ham-handed attempt by the Russians to interfere in our elections with disinformation campaigns. People are tired of Trump. Trump fatigue is a real thing. People do not like their President to lead the news every single night.

Exactly and I just outlined why they are afraid.

that's absurd. No one and I mean no one wants to take away your rights. That's a scare tactic, except it is being played on you by your own party.

No there isn't. I haven't heard anything about any commissions. Should the DOJ get to the bottom of what happened while Trump was President that we can't know now because of Trump's obstruction? Yep we should. We deserve to know the truth of it all. But that has nothing to do with his supporters.

because they refused to let Trump lie about this Hunter Biden thing? no, that's called stopping you from using their platforms to peddle untruths. that has nothing to do with your first amendment right to free speech. that platform didn't stop you from voicing your opinions and concerns...just not on their platform.

Then I'd say Trump is fucked.

4. Tiger in NC

Last month the CIA briefed the White House that Rudy Guiliani was cavorting with bad dudes from Russia and to keep their distance because they felt he might be compromised. What happens a month later? Almost on cue? Rudy shows up with a laptop and a hard drive that looks and sounds a whole lot like the kind of disinformation that has spewed out of Russia since Trump was impeached. Think about this....FOX news would not even take the story from Guiliani. FOX fucking news! NY post was the only rag that would take it and even then none of their own writers would participate...it took a producer from Hannity's show to write the article. But, nah....that doesn't look suspicious or anything.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

when i said i think low turnout can be good, you accused me of being opposed to democracy.

biden has guys working for him now with the purpose of making lukewarm trump supporters stay home. thats not anti-democratic of them, and it is smart.

6. Tiger in NC

I see low voter turnout to be more a consequence rather than a preference. As you said and I agree, low voter turnout is often a consequence of complacency, whether good or bad. Higher voter turnout, more times than not, is a consequence of the electorate feeling there is a need for change. I don't think that I accused you of being opposed to democracy but I did pose that question to you. I get it that Biden's campaign is hoping to keep the Trump voters home and vice versa. That's campaigning. When a foreign adversary does it it isn't campaigning any more. It's interference. And if one of those campaigns is working in conjunction with that foreign adversary, it's even worse.

7. fanatic

Of course it's being spun by them this way. It's the only 'out' they have and it's so predictable. That's why they took several days for them to get a story together and why all liberal news outlets are now regurgitating the exact same message. I guess the pictures are photoshopped too.

Wrong! Fox wanted to examine the hard drive and meta data before running the story. How dare they want to verify before reporting it.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you did. you speak for others to build straw men:

and somehow you dont accuse them of having no interest in democracy.

mueller report directly contradicts this claim after years of investigation.

"the investigation did not establish that members of the trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the russian government in its election interference activities"

- mueller report

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well, but you see, that would have been a great story if Hunter's attorney hadn't called that same shop trying to get the laptop back. Now just why would that happen if it were never there?

10. fanatic

And then there's this from his own tax returns.

Screenshot_20201020-172804_Facebook.jpg

Bengal B likes this.