Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so you were lying then

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

In 2020 the economy has also gone to shit and we have a pandemic that is being mismanaged. Everyone knows it. Seniors are fleeing Trump like he's the plague. The guy scares them to death because he has no coherent plan and even if he did he wouldn't follow it.

3. Tiger in NC

Nope I have always said that people don't stand in line and vote in record numbers because they are happy. It just doesn't happen that way. I haven't lied about a damn thing. You are caught right in the middle of one because you slipped up and told the truth and agreed with me.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Again, it could just be record early voting. We dont know yet. Soo....

Also, Turmp has a higher approval rating today than Obama did in 2012.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well we "know" Dems are mad. SO GOP looks like they could be matching the anger. Lots of ways to look at this particular case.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i dunno why you keep lying so much. also you are racist. its disgusting

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

sometimes it does. it depends on whether voting will cause change or not. sometimes voting bring big change. other times voting keeps the status quo.

when staying at home keeps the status quo, people who are happy stay at home. its one of many instances that make my point that we should not necessarily seek and hope for high turnout.

high turnout does not necessarily mean good governance. sometimes people are very enthusiastic about bad candidates.

8. Tiger in NC

LMAO....that's a good one, liar. You're the biggest racist in the whole wide world. You also hate babies and puppies. It's really, really disgusting to me. Oh yes, I forgot that you are also a child molester.

Give it a rest dude....I was just giving you a hard time for always calling me a liar. It can work both ways. When I misspeak you call me a liar. When you misspeak (which I will give you the benefit of the doubt about) you expect me to allow you the grace that you refuse to extend to me. I will stop calling you a liar now but two can play this game. Now I will go back to having an honest debate with you...

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you are also a holocaust denier

Tiger in NC likes this.
  10. Tiger in NC

On this subject....last night I was looking at voter turnout in Presidential elections to see if there was any correlation between voter turnout and a sitting President who seeks reelection. There was a lower turnout in 2012 than there was in 2008 and this was after the "shellacking" that Republicans put on Dems in the 2010 mid-terms. You would think it would have been higher. On the flip side, voter turnout was higher in 2004 than it was in 2000. Perhaps the electorate in 2000 was more complacent because things were pretty damn good economically in the 90's. In 2004 there were more hot button issues with the Iraq war happening which I am guessing drove higher turnout. I got distracted so I didn't go back any further but it fits with the conversation we've been having.