Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Not if high voter turnout will provide enough of my voters to win anyways.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I know what he said. Key phrase "happy and do not want change". Well, Dems are planning on changing everything so......

When you had Romney and Obama, policy wise both were snakes and Romney didn't really offer anything new. Voter turnout was low; almost 4% lower than 2008. In fact, 2016 wasn't that much higher in 2012. 2008 was the highest since the 60's.

Early voting could be high because of Covid. We dont know yet.

3. Tiger in NC

LOL...you lied dude.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not necessarily. A lot of people in Michigan could vote become they don't want to see NAFTA reinstated and more automotive jobs shipped to Mexico. A lot of people in Pennsylvania could vote because they don't want the green new deal to eliminate their mining jobs. A lot of people in the inner cities could vote because they know they will be totally at the mercy of criminals if the police are defunded.

Jmg likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I didnt disagree though....

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you are deflecting. you even said you agreed with what i said. you are trying to change the issue from what we were discussing.

7. Tiger in NC

People are not happy right now

actually this may prove Martin's point that low turnout does indeed make for good governance....

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

[
    low turnout doesnt necessarily make for good governance. it might. might not.

but your postulate appears to be that the goal is high turnout. thats not the goal. the goal is good governance. low turnout that elects a capitalist is better than high turnout thay elects a communist.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are making his point if record turns out to be an actual record come election day. But agian, happy or not happy doenst necessarily mean its anger towards Trump. People could be mad at Dems and voting MORE for GOP.

Not as much as you think. IN 2008 Economy went in the shitter. And boom, record turnout... Doesn't mean its always good policy. He didn't speak in absolutes.

10. Tiger in NC

No I am not. I said that i agreed when you clearly stated that people are not motivated to vote when they are happy and they do not want change. I took this point and extrapolated it to our current situation. We have record high turnout right now and this should be an indication, by your own standards, that people are not happy and they want change in America. Not trying to change the subject at all, just telling it like it is. After I pointed this out you started crab crawling for the exits, spewing all of your "but...what I meant was...." I don't want to hear it. You are lying now or you lied then.