Eggs...

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by GregLSU, Oct 13, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You can buy good broth in a can, fuck all that boiling carcasses and bones. My dog would bite my ass if I gave him bones that had been boiled to nothing. My chickens meet me at the fence when they see me coming with a container of leftovers.

Next thing you're going to try and tell me the roux in the jar is not as good as a home-made one.

tirk likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its not as good

KyleK likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

that always happens. feel the flu coming on. body aching 101 fever. havent eaten all day 12 hours at work. can of soup nah, lemme get a whole chicken to clean and boil for a couple hours first. then start make soup.

that always happens. feel the flu coming on. body aching, hacking and sneezing with 101 fever. havent eaten all day 12 hours at work. nauseated.

can of soup nah, lemme get a whole chicken to clean and boil for a couple hours first. then start making soup.

are you retarded?

(but yeah, of course its much better and not all that difficult)

Bengal B likes this.
  4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Did you not read the whole post? I have stock pre-made in the fridge or in the freezer. Hell, I would rather just warm up some stock than eat that crap out of a can. And since I don't pay for ice, why in the hell would I pay for stock? Making it is so freaking easy, and it's not like you are tied to the stove while you make it.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I found a recipe for making stock in the crock pot with wings, onions, salt and pepper this week. They store 1 quart of stock in a gallon freezer bag laid flat for quick defrosting. I'm going to file that away for later.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The egg is one of the finest things ever created. They are up there with boobs in my opinion. I could eat fried eggs at every meal or on just about anything. Never tried them off of a boob though. That will happen soon.

And yes, runny of course so the yellow stuff is dripping everywhere. ;)

titoabad1 likes this.
  7. shane0911

Spot on with this one. You, or anyone else for that matter can't make a roux any better or easier than what you can get from a jar. I mean really, we aren't talking about splitting an atom here it is flour and oil and a PITA to get done right. Far greater chance of you or anyone else dorking it up trying to do it "the old fashioned way" I haven't made a roux in years for this very purpose and my gumbo is done so much faster.

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You might want to try some Hershey's chocolate syrup off a boob

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Some boobs are fried eggs. Ask red.

StaceyO, Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  10. shane0911

That's high school stuff. Now here is the thing, I love Tabasco on my fried eggs. Surely that stuff won't burn the skin right? Nipples can be sensitive though