Drew Brees projected stats

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Sep 21, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I figured after the Saints played one of the worst defenses at home and followed that up with one of the best defenses on the road, we could make a sensible projection of Drew Brees' stats the rest of the year.

5352 yards, 72 TDs

Just sayin.....

Obviously the TDs will slow down, but the 5000 yard mark is definitely within range and a 50 plus touchdown year is not out of the question (he needs to average 3 TDs per game from here on out).

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Drew Brees is not mortal. It's just absolutely amazing that he comes in this season and hasn't missed a beat from last season. There was a great AP article about how he's clearly the best QB in the league right now, but you don't see him in the gossip columns or walking the red carpets and such. To me, he is exactly the type of role model the NFL needs.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Gotta link?

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Not the article but makes many of the same points:

Brees among elite QBs, just doesn't grab headlines like Brady, Romo, Favre
    By Brett Martel (CP) – 1 day ago

NEW ORLEANS — Drew Brees inspires awe among players and coaches across pro football.

The paparazzi, entertainment shows and fashion magazines seem less impressed, even if Brees has experimented with longer hair lately. Unlike Tom Brady, Tony Romo or teammate Reggie Bush, the 30-year-old Saints quarterback doesn't date celebrities. He's been married for most of the past decade and had his first child - a son - last winter.

Brees doesn't capture national endorsement deals on the level of Peyton Manning or Brett Favre, though he is a constant presence on local public service announcements and at charity events.

The only really gaudy things about Brees are his passing statistics. And based on his six-touchdown, 358-yard performance in the Saints' Week 1 victory over Detroit, that may not change any time soon.

"I could throw 96 touchdowns," Brees joked when asked about the prospect of challenging Brady's record 50 TD tosses in 2007. "I'm on pace, right?"

Saints players speak reverently of how Brees sets an example at club headquarters by arriving early, staying late, sometimes showing up on days off and often working with receivers on pass patterns after practice. If players want to suggest a change in any team routine, they go through Brees.

"I didn't know how great he was until I got here and saw what he commands out of this team and the stuff that he does," said fullback Heath Evans, who played with Brady in New England. "He's the captain of the ship. As he goes, we go, and he knows everything."

"There's two people in this league that are in his class, and that's Tom Brady and Peyton Manning - and that's it."

While Brees credits teammates and coaches for his success on the field, the quarterback gets a little more boastful about his charitable endeavours. He points out that nearly 100 per cent of donations to the Brees Dream foundation go to causes they support. The foundation has no fixed overhead, Brees noted, because it is run by him, wife Brittany and one employee that Brees pays out of his marketing income.

The Canadian Press: Brees among elite QBs, just doesn't grab headlines like Brady, Romo, Favre

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's a great article. Brees is without question the greatest asset the Saints have ever had.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yes. This is without doubt.

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

That's the article I was referring to. I couldn't seem to find it.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Thanks for sharing. Drew is definitely THE MAN.