Donna Shalala's response to the melee

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Oct 18, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Don't know if you heard her press conference today regarding the melee, but let's just say Dr. Seuss would be proud. Here is an excerpt (speaking about the UM players):

"I will not hang them from a public square,
    I will not make them sit and stare,
    I will not take away their scholly,
    I will not make them watch Roly Poly Ollie,
    I will not force them to stay away,
    I will instead allow them to go out and play"

Well it was sumpin like that.

Here is my most favoritest part of the speech:

"The sad part is for the men and women that have spent most of the last decade recruiting young men and women of character to the University to play on our sports teams and restoring our image in this community. I believe that the young men that we have recruited to the football team are young men of great character, but they did a very bad thing."

All I have to say to that is Willie Williams bitch, Willie Williams. You allowed (and endorsed) the University to give this sub-human a scholarship. You wretched whore. Am I missing something here? Has the recruitment under Coker's tenure been in the name of morality as she implies? His 6 years would represent a good part of that decade she alludes to.

Interesting writeup here:

http://www.nakedauthors.com/

She states that if this happens again, the participating players will then be kicked off the team. As the article above mentions, what about the fact this has already happened in a post-game brawl when LSU kicked Miami's ass in the Peach Bowl last year? So isn't this "the next time"? Typical liberal.

The 13 players the ACC has mandated be suspended for 1 game will really hurt Miami's chances. They play Duke this Saturday. A 40 point win will be reduced to a mere 28 points.

FIU has taken it upon themselves to suspend 16 players indefinitely, and booted 2 off the team. Miami has only taken what the ACC has forced upon them, without any further retribution from the University itself. It's all about "Da U" baby. Long live "Da U".

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That sums it up.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

You mean Doooooooooooooooook ? To paraphrase Eric Clapton " Get down on your knees, Shalayla " (Sung to the tune of Layla)

Aha, its a left wing conspiracy. Richard Nixon went to law school at Doooooooooooooook. Shalayla is thus trying to stick it to conservatives.