Dollar Tree Ribeyes

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Jul 23, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Nope, I might ruin one of those Wal mart gristle slabs like that bit I will never cook a well done steak. Medium is it. You want it more than that you can do it. I wont.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Funny how those that like roux from a jar want their steak flavored from a bottle. Guess I could go on to assume the same folks like caramel and vanilla flavors in their coffee too.

Sinners.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I suppose that salt, pepper and butter is equally sinful to uppity foodies. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Wrongo.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Whoa fella, I swear by roux from a jar and wouldn't dare use steak sauce. Salt, pepper, butter.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Nothing uppity to it. Don't pour A-1 onto my will to want a better product more properly connected to what nature intended. Mass production food sources are intended for just that, mass production. Sustainability is a course of nature living in a cooperative state. Everything is better when all of the elements of nature combine for a common goal. Mass producing corn to mass produce steak =the desire to promote steak sauce. Grass fed taste better, added elements like air and time produce an even better result. A pinch of salt continues to add another layer of sustainability. A far superior product. Give that to your body and the natural occurance is the want for more.

Butter and salt are acceptable, but once you open the bottle, you introduce a logic that is not sustainable, merely passive.

Have it your way, but for me, less is more.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Every once in a while I like a shot of Hershey's chocolate syrup in my coffee

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are not lost in California . . . you belong in California, the world capitol of self-righteous indignation.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For a good steak (ribeye, T Bone) that I cook in a pan rather than on the grill I cook it in butter with some fresh crushed garlic. No salt but a dash of Tony Chacherie's that does contain salt. Also add a splash of Worcestershire sauce. No steak sauce.

Will cook a lesser piece of meat the same way. Like round steak or even chopped beef but I will use Heinz 57 or A1 on those.

For a Cajun boy he has done pretty well at mastering the California language.:D

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I like mine medium to medium well. Not too too much blood running.

My dad had a friend who would tell the waitress to cut the horns and wipe the ass, when asked how he wanted his steak.

ewww!

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

My man, I do not see the correlation here.

red55 likes this.