Devery Henderson

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by HatcherTiger, Feb 17, 2009.

1. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

2. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Hope he worked on his ball catching ability in the offseason. I like that we still have him because he already knows the system. If he would gain some consistency he would be a legit #2.

3. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

With the re-signing of no-hands henderson, the Saints apparently have given up on Meach.

Dreadful.

4. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I don't think this means they have given up on Meach. I think it's a smart move considering how much time they have put into him learning the system. They let go of David Patten. I think it's safe to say you would break whatever TV you were watching the draft on if they drafted another WR on the first day this year.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im hoping for knowshon. :lol::lol: but then again, i wanted meachem.

i have seanitis.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Glad for Devery. :thumb:

[​IMG]

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Henderson was a much improved receiver last year and given that no other team gave any interest in him, I'd hope they got him reasonably cheap. Given that they picked him back up for cheap, I don't see what's wrong with this move. He provides a deep threat and can make some big plays. Last year he didn't have nearly the number of drops he had in the past.

As far as Meachem, when he can learn the playbook, then he'll see the field. He has a lot of talent, as he showed in flashes last year, especially the preseason catch against Arizona. His problem is not knowing where he's supposed to be. That's all on him, not the organization.