Derek Dooley to Tennessee?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by P&G_wheelz007, Jan 15, 2010.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

O wasnt using LSU for more money from Tennessee. He already had a fat salary promise in place. This is a fact.

Personally, I think O was toiling with LSU to satisfying family/friend pressure so he could say he tried to work something out with LSU. This is a guess.

O was part of the K & K package deal. He was always going to Tennessee with the Kiffin's. This is another fact.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think this is great news for Tennessee.

Their fanbase wanted instant championships and the university sold itself to the devil to appease them and sell tickets. They traded integrity for sleaze. They traded recruiting people like Peyton Manning for recruiting people like Janzen Jackson.

Now they're reversing field and running in the right direction...They're trading Kiffen and Orgeron for a Dooley. And if you factor in parental guidance, they're trading " I'll go along with any type of sleaze" Monte Kiffen for the "legendary" Vince Dooley.

Now they need to get rid of that AD...and start replacing all their thug athletes.
    I think Tennessee's on the right track now...and that's great news for the SEC.

:thumb:.

1 person likes this.
  3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Just got this text.

"its done. Flying in tonight with Haslam and Hamilton"

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

They play Bama every year and who better to know how to beat Saban than a guy that coached with him for 7 years like Dooley? Also, when fighting for recruits in Bama/TN's neck of the woods, it gives Tenn an advantage when they are fighting Saban for a recruit when they have a guy that used to work with Saban.

The negative for LSU is that Dooley was head coach & AD at Tech for 3 years and apparently was pretty popular there. He was also at LSU for 5 years. So he'll be looking to come down here and steal our Louisiana recruits to TN.

5. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Yep and I think it could be a very good hire for UT.

From GoVolsXtra ---

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, its a good hire for UT. Some negative implications for LSU, but not overworrisome. Plus, if CLM ever does leave or gets pink slipped, Dooley will have some SEC head coaching experience:yelwink2:

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

DRC, you would be the man on the Tenn boards.

Not saying you are not the man over here.:wave:

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Some of the Tennessee discontent feel that Dooley may have Bobby Boucher playing MLB.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Just don't talk about his momma! :lol:

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

OK, now that that is settled the only question I have is...is his wife as hot as Kiffin's? :angryfire