Derek Dooley to Tennessee?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by P&G_wheelz007, Jan 15, 2010.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

That's not an awe-inspiring list of candidates. You watched the presser I assume, yes? You saw Hamilton beaming with pride at this guy Dooley he hired like he knew it was a great hire, right? You saw Hamilton say that Dooley was in the 3-4 guys that he wanted, right? Okay, sure... there were other power brokers that had 3-4 guys that they wanted too. But Hamilton won out and got one of the guys he wanted. Congrats to Hamilton for a job well done, right? You said you're you like the hire and think it's a possible home-run right?

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ive been thinking about how dooley can hopefully clean up the program in regards to the kind of kids tenn recruits and has on the team. get rid of the thug element and bring in more responsible kids.

does anyone besides me think it might be best for the program if janzen jackson follows his sleezy coach kitten to usc? i mean, if there are still questions surrounding the incident he may/may not have been involved in, and if its true that his social networking page is full of gang signs, etc, seems to me that would be a huge disruption and thug element that dooley wouldnt have to worry about. because i really believe its just a matter of time before he pulls something else. i would rather it be on kittens watch and look bad on kitten and usc than dooley and tenn.

i mean at what point do you say that if you are having to rebuild a program anyway, rebuild it with some integrity, even if it costs you some players that could win on the field but are a distraction off.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

would you expect him to mope around and pout about the guy he just hired?
    say well the other dozen or so guys we wanted said no, so here is some feller we settled for.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yeah, if the guy was that great of an actor, that why is he an AD at The State U in Knoxville, TN? Why isn't he in Hollywood? Wouldn't you be beaming with pride if you were in the shoes of the Tenn. AD? My favorite comments I've read about the hire so far from rival fans were all like: "Dang it, I'm going to miss the recent Tennessee Tradition of hiring coaches like Fulmer and Kiffin."

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I wonder if the plunger rapist, Daniel Hood, will switch to USC or does he still have a place at Tennessee?:dis:. It's probably wrong to give him the boot if he's truly repentant and reformed, but he shouldn't have been on the team in the first place. His second chance should have been as a student worker...checking books out of the library.

I bet Dooley really cleans house in the next few years...too bad for him that there's that new 28 scholarship limit in the SEC now.

I'm really thrilled by the Dooley hire. It's great for restoring integrity to the program and it's great for the league. The SEC is no place for the likes of Kiffen and Orgeron.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I don't know if he'll win ballgames and championships, but I'm sure that he'll clean Tenn up a bit.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I think UT got a good hire in Dooley. He maynot be the top choice, and very few schools get their top choice when having to hire a new coach, but he is better for their program than the pos that just left.

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I read a post on a Saints message board that I frequent (in their NCAA Football section) regarding Dooley that I think was pretty insightful and I'll paraphrase the gist here:

Dooley, having been the only Division I coach that was also Athletic Director will be administratively more prepared to handle any possible NCAA investigations that result from Tennessee's Kiffin experience.

Taking that a step further, Dooley in his roles as AD probably also has deeper contacts in the NCAA organization than any other head coach might have. That can only help if Tennessee is heavily investigated as a result of Douchebag Kiffin.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I sure liked Tennessee better when Kiffin was their HC...