Daniels coming back! What's your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Dec 22, 2022.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

But that's a 2024 thing, IMO. He will still only be a RSFR next year.

2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I read on Dandy Don this morning that LSU gave up the 6th most sacks in the nation this year. This despite the fact that most of us on this board (and a lot of other LSU friends I have) believing that OL play has improved this year. So what’s the problem. Is it play selection? Our WRs are not very good and are not getting separation? Or is Daniels hanging on to the ball too long?

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Probably a combination of all of those. The revolving door of starting OL couldn't have helped. A year in, steady who the 1s are going to be and things should get a lot better.

4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Brad Davis, OL coach

Only Orgeron holdover coach. Went to Jelaire High in Baton Rouge.
    [​IMG]

Here like most O hires, because because he's from Louisiana.

Hope BK will see that stat & deturd a few of his staff members.

BTW, is it that hard to hire an OL coach who's in relatively good physical shape & not 400 lbs?

Fired from Florida
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al...vis-fired-florida-gators-offensive-line-coach

"Davis oversaw offensive lines that were porous at their worst and adequate at their best in his two years at Florida after being hired to replace Frank Verducci in 2012. Florida allowed 39 sacks in 2012, a staggering three per game."

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Hope Daniels sticks to his word & comes back. Interesting tidbit about Walker Howard is that he apparently never made it past the scout team & hasn't practiced yet with the team. The scout team is now completely separated in practice from the regular team.

6. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree. I think next year they should be drastically improved simply from just playing together as a unit. We also have to remember we started two true freshmen at tackle, which is unheard of these days. Brighter days are definitely ahead for the OL, but the key is we have to continue landing big time lineman on both sides of the ball to build depth, if we want to compete for NCs on a regular basis!