CP3 in a Lakers Uniform?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 23, 2009.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

SportsCenter reports this morning....

The Hornets have turned down every trade offer today.

They're also downplaying the significance of today's meet. The new GM wants to meet with every player on the team, they say.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

CP3 is not even in the same league as the three you mention. Heck, he has a youngster on the bench that may be every bit as good as him.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

He could be, but I agree with the latter. The Hornets could trade him and won't lose much with DC still there to run the point.

4. mctiger

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

6. mctiger

Wishful thinking, now go get Deron another cup of Gatorade :wave:

But when I say nothing, I mean the results. I already said I can see where CP would not be satisfied with the lack of moves the team has made this offseason. Demps probably pointed out that the team is in the process of a big front office overhaul. He may have also reminded him that he (Demps) has experience in building a perennial contender around a former Wake Forest star.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Maverick Carter.

No coincidence that the "Chris Paul is asking to be traded" talk started in earnest right after he dumped Octagon and started looking into joining the LRMR Marketing team aka Lebron's Posse.

8. Weisguy

Weisguy Veteran Member

So, what teams do you think the Hornets should trade Paul to?

I'm assuming they wouldn't trade him within the same division, so that only leaves Eastern Conference teams.

The Knicks tore apart their team, not that it was that good to begin with, to make cap room for Lebron. They wouldn't have anything to trade back to the Hornets, with maybe the exception of Gallinari. But, the Knicks would be willing to absorb the Posey and Okafur contracts. By sending Paul to NYC, he'd get all that glamour and excitement of NYC. But, at the same time, he wouldn't be winning championships either. Stoudamaire is over-rated, and there's not much else on that team. I would have taken NYC's draft picks because that team wouldn't be that great, but the Knicks have already traded their future draft picks.

If you send Paul to Orlando, he gets stuck in another small market team. But, he ends up on a team talented enough to challenge the Heat to win multiple championships. Orlando would probably trade Jameer Nelson, but you really don't need him when you already have Collison, and Vince Carter, with only 4M guaranteed next season.

I also have a bridge you might be interested in buying too.

I don't deny that Maverick Carter and Lebron have inspired and influenced and maybe even pushed Chris Paul to take this route, but it is ridiculous to believe that Maverick Carter would be making these moves without the green light from Chris Paul. You think Maverick Carter casually asked Paul about what teams he'd wanted to get traded to, and Paul didn't realize what was happening and/or didn't want to be traded?

For now, the Hornets and Chris Paul are putting together a united front to try to salvage as much value as they can when they trade him. But, if Paul doesn't get traded, expect to hear more grumbling and leaks from Paul and from his camp following the marching orders of Paul.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Yea, I've read those articles about how CP can't, for the life of him, imagine playing anywhere but New Orleans...and how he's not demanding to be traded...Blah, blah, blah.

Too late, the cat's out the bag. His new agent and managing company have set the crass, self serving precedent already.

If Chris Paul stays in NO as an unhappy camper, and plays up to his abilities, is a real team player, etc. then we all should repent, convert and became born again....immediately.....because that wouldn't be CP at all....that would be the second coming of the Messiah and a sign that the world will be ending soon.

The Hornets need to trade him immediately and get as much value for him now....since there are no franchise tags in the NBA and the Hornets will be left grabbing at thin air.

Oh for the days of Hondo Havlichek, Earl Monroe, Bill Russell, etc. When those guys first became stars...they didn't turn into little self serving, spoiled brat punk kids...they became real men. My dad is right...."they don't make 'em like they used to.".

1 person likes this.
  10. mctiger

ESPN and others are reporting this morning that the NBA has put out a memo to all teams warning that there will be "severe penalties" against teams that contact Paul about a trade without permission from the Hornets. Guess in all the rush to grab some free publicity, CP's new advisors forgot that there is a thing called "tampering" that is frowned upon by the league.