Could you imagine if...

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by conradj, Jan 26, 2004.

1. conradj

conradj Founding Member

CajDav is right. If you play more than one sport and one of them is football, you are on a football scholarship.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Can people get in on academic scholarships and play football?

3. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

Re: FB SCHOLLIE?

Now that you have been corrected, and properly so, on this football playing thing for a BB scholarship athlete, bet YOU are the one who now realizes you need to "think before you post, man " You were wrong and even after you were corrected you rejected facts as opposed to your uninformed dribble. Making a mistake once is something we all do - but repeating it after being duly informed of the facts, is just embarrasing and discrediting yourself. And before you tell me to lighten up, well, I can't get much "lighter" - I just saved on my car insurance by switching to ...

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I am pretty sure you can be on academic and play football. Pat Fisher came on an academic, but will switch next season i believe. There are probably some strict guidelines with this issue though. And I know a football schollie offers more than an academic, so I dont see this happening too often, and not more than one year per person. Mosts kids would rather be on Fball schollie anyway, and would likey go somewhere else that could offer them that.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

thanks for sticking up foe me guys, appreciate it. He'll know the rule now. As far as what sport he should play, that is the one his heart is telling him. There's no way you could perform at the necessary level in football especially, if your heart is in it 100%. That being said, when he gets to LSU he may just get that tug when he meets and is around other football players, see's them practice, etc. We'll see.

6. BigSabanFan

BigSabanFan Founding Member

Dem RingS!

Or sees dem rings!!!:D

7. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Re: Dem RingS!

Yeah, that's kind of why I posted this topic

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I admit I've never seen Davis play. I just can't think of any 6-8, 350-pound basketball players who have made it big.

Then again, I never saw a 6-4, 280-pound basketball player that made it big until Charles Barkley came to Auburn.